BBP Diary

Mentallica

Re: BBP Diary

Post by Mentallica »

Any chance of an update please? Seems there is a lot to talk about taking from the snippits in the forum.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Richie

Post by Richie »

I second Mikes thoughts... pace has increased exponentially over the last few weeks, Bills plate is rather full would be an understatement.

I guess you need to think, do you want the boat done sooner, or a story about where we are :D

I have no doubt there will be a retrospective, and there is always the progress DVD’s

Bear with us.

Richie
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Thank you for keeping this updated and the regular chuckles it gives.

Really is appreciated.
SimonLester

Post by SimonLester »

Bill, (if I may be so familiar as we haven't met - yet)

It struck me as I sit here at work, not doing what I am supposedly paid for, reading the latest diary epistle, so its really your fault, that I might have read of some notion of publishing the Diary at some future date and that wouldn't it be great to have it in a soft back spiral bound A4 format - not unlike a road map, or a copy of Guzziology (my preferred two wheeled Mistress) relating the story pics and all.
Further, I have a copy of Rolls Royce Jet Engines which is one of their in-house apprentice publications that has soft covers and rounded corners so it doesn't look too tatty after much abuse and which is a fave re-read.

I'd have a copy in a trice and I would have thought there would be several others who would do the same seeing the speed Neil Sheppard's book shot off the shelves - as did my copy.

I'd like to say that I have an "in" into the publishing world to help but I don't have any such connections.

I'm sure you are inundated with bright ideas such as this but I just put it out there for consideration. You may file it in the "Oh,not again" pile!

See you in Bute….

Simon Lester

Exmoor.
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Superb. Both Diary & the Cradle...!

Feel free to write more.... As & when.... :) Am sure Bill won't mind.....
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Excellent diary, documenting meticulous research and painstaking recreation. You answered the question as to the origin of the aircraft wheels before I even had a chance to ask!

Now, have you found a source of the correct railway wheels for when you launch the boat from the pier slipway on its return to Coniston? ;)
(Swiftly dons steel helmet and ducks below parapet)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I once asked about using the slip at Pier Cottage because it belongs to the National Trust. They said we could use it only if Gondola wasn't on it. Think about it...😱
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Chris Williams

Post by Chris Williams »

Bill has put a short update on the diary page. Wonderful photo of Bluebird K7 at her mooring after being launched for the first time since 1967. Congratulations to the Bluebird team who have done a wonderful job. She looked magnificent and preformed in a way that was truly magical. Grown men cried? .......... I bet they did.
In a lifetime, among the seeds we sew is the seed of tragedy, and tragedy is a plant that can take many years to grow, and even longer to blossom, and bear it's bitter fruit.
Chris Williams

Post by Chris Williams »

Mike Bull wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:48 pm That's the home page, and that was me!
........ ah yes, I see now. I was overcome by the awesome photo. :roll:
In a lifetime, among the seeds we sew is the seed of tragedy, and tragedy is a plant that can take many years to grow, and even longer to blossom, and bear it's bitter fruit.
VdGGfan

Post by VdGGfan »

Love the new pic on the homepage :)
Bluebird K7 straight out the box - she looks huge!