Bute - 30 days on (and counting)

Renegadenemo

Re: Bute - 30 days on (and counting)

Post by Renegadenemo »

I think we need a meeting to decide on the number of expendable youths we need to hold K7 as we start her. Should we accidentally kill the one we took last time and not have a spare the H&S wombles might stop us running due to the possibility of an unsafe release.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 pm I think we need a meeting to decide on the number of expendable youths we need to hold K7 as we start her. Should we accidentally kill the one we took last time and not have a spare the H&S wombles might stop us running due to the possibility of an unsafe release.
All through the Bute fortnight, I kept having a recurring cartoon image of that air hose having failed to release and John, his feet planted on a couple of gas bottles, getting the waterski-ing experience of his life. Ted was, of course, grinning manically from the cockpit. :lol:
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 pm decide on the number of expendable youths we need to hold K7 …………………... due to the possibility of an unsafe release.
Meeting 1 - define what is meant by an 'expendable youth'.
Meeting 2 - define an 'unsafe release' (have you been watching the F1 pitlane footage :roll: )
Meeting 3 - define what number we will be talking about.
Meeting 4 - can a 'youth' be any of the following - L, G, B, T, Q, etc ????

............…. do I need to go on or do we require extra pizzas?? :lol: :lol:
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Just researched that we should now be inclusive in even more ways, so my question about the 'youth' that could be involved should have been:-

L, G, B, T, T, 2/T, Q, Q, I, A, A, P, A, GQ, B, GV, P,

(do look it up if after the first five you got as lost as I was ... :oops: :oops:
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
JohnTheBikeMan

Post by JohnTheBikeMan »

Richie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:38 pm Lots of serious faces there

There isn’t a serious one amongst us !!

Meeting could be good, as long as it is accompanied with pizza.
Pepperoni or Four Seasons? Damn! Another meeting required!
I am the one who guided you this far
All you know and all you feel
Nobody must know my name
For nobody would understand
And you kill what you feel...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We're all laughing about this but it actually happens. Groups of people sit around a table with no leader and no clue to decide upon absolutely nothing then fail to action any of the things they couldn't agree on before the next meeting. I'm not exaggerating at all. And that's without all the other rubbish that would end up tacked onto any decision that might one day be made. We'd have H&S wombles insulting our intelligence and our common sense and enviro-mentalists wibbling about the crested newts. That lot should have been in Scotland to see our ospreys nicking trout while we pumped kero.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
SimonLester

Post by SimonLester »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:18 pm Just researched that we should now be inclusive in even more ways, so my question about the 'youth' that could be involved should have been:-

L, G, B, T, T, 2/T, Q, Q, I, A, A, P, A, GQ, B, GV, P,

(do look it up if after the first five you got as lost as I was ... :oops: :oops:
Just read this. I know, I know, but I don't live in the "i"universe...

Ahem!
...To say nothing of the ageist connotations of "youth".

I rode 465 miles in one hit e/w from Exmoor to Bute on my mootersickle just to be there as part of my pre 60th birthday present to myself! I demand my application to be dragged up a lake by a jammed umbilical (and singed to boot), be taken seriously.

Yoofs, indeed, (excepting one in particular who, with his mother, was there) only good for pushing a broom. We have a saying - "pass me another boy, I've sp*** **** ***! You work it out.
Gareth Hayes2

Post by Gareth Hayes2 »

Would it be fair to describe the Bute trials as a stunning success? Taking K7’s “temperamental” reputation into account, she did everything asked of her. She floated,planed,ran at speed,basically a total vindication of all your hard work. And the welcome you received from the locals, could not have been any warmer. Indeed, as far as I’m aware, the only major problem you had, was the canopy unexpectedly taking flight. But I’m sure even that has provided valuable lessons next time you take her out on the water. Whenever (& where ever!) that happens to be
Richie

Post by Richie »

Pretty much a fair description Gary.

We will sort the canopy issues out in short order. A fantastic couple of weeks, team set out to test and learn, mission accomplished, just need to take what we learned and apply it to a longer course.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Bute

Post by Bute »

The clips from Bute have just been on Sky News again, Haste Ye Back! :D