Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Ernie Lazenby

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Healey nut wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:20 pm Some keyboard commandos just wont let it go .
This is not personal just an observation;
The problem with forums is they are infested with people who seek to ingratiate themselves with 'the man' by agreeing with anything and everything to the point of being sycophants. Occasionaly a small number of well intentioned people stick heads above the parapet to offer contrary thoughts as a balance to the discusion only to find the sycophants getting animated whilst not offering any constructive counter thoughts. Such is life on forums.I generally find the type I refer to lack the fortitude to speak face to face with anyone to have an adult discussion.Those who know me know I am very direct, honest and open when speaking face to face with people as I am on here. I fear its attributes in short supply elswhere.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill said 'And I trust that the Hamster / Elvington thing wasn't a deliberate swipe at our Malcolm as that would be seriously below the belt'.

I agree Bill not exactly a good example to chose. Apologies Malcolm. It was not a deliberate swipe at you merely used it because you were involved.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The problem with forums is they are infested with people who seek to ingratiate themselves with 'the man' by agreeing with anything and everything to the point of being sycophants.
Alternatively, it could be that most folk agree that K7 running is of way more value than her gathering dust in a museum and that the failings of the LDNPA et al are a total disgrace.

#justsaying
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

[/quote]
People who seek to ingratiate themselves with 'the man' by agreeing with anything and everything to the point of being sycophants...
[/quote]

So if one agree’s with Bill and not Ernie they are henceforth potentially a sycophant ?

Problem with most of what you are posting is it is being done with very little information or worse misinformation...

The saying goes “A little bit of information is a dangerous thing..”

The boat ran on Bute, tough noogies ! Had the LDNPA / CPC got their fingers out much much sooner, they wouldn’t be in the state they are in now. Yet instead of rising to the challenge, we are still hearing the whining and whinging from the hapless few, lips pussed as they desperately claw at the azure blue K7 shaped teet for which they so desperately wish to suckle from.

I am getting tired of it now, miring our success in nonesensical irrelevant, incorrect rants...

For me, the Ruskin need to make direct contact with Bill ASAP and discuss what happens next, on paper, signed and completed...... I will spontaneously combust before I see my hard work mothballed and mounted on a plinth.

Let’s be clear here as folk don’t seem to be grasping it STILL.

Dealing with Coniston regarding the trials, and dealing with the Ruskin are not the same thing.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 pm
Healey nut wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:20 pm Some keyboard commandos just wont let it go .
This is not personal just an observation;
The problem with forums is they are infested with people who seek to ingratiate themselves with 'the man' by agreeing with anything and everything to the point of being sycophants. Occasionaly a small number of well intentioned people stick heads above the parapet to offer contrary thoughts as a balance to the discusion only to find the sycophants getting animated whilst not offering any constructive counter thoughts. Such is life on forums.I generally find the type I refer to lack the fortitude to speak face to face with anyone to have an adult discussion.Those who know me know I am very direct, honest and open when speaking face to face with people as I am on here. I fear its attributes in short supply elswhere.
I rest my case :mrgreen:
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 pm proved K7 runs well and indeed at a speed faster than the 100mph it was intended to be run at on Coniston.
I do urge evryone to read fully what is written in any public document. The figure of 100mph is stated in the Bye Law for the development runs. This is a 'control' figure that the LDNPA were content with during that phase of the programme. I have been told that they will have a radar gun available. The number of development runs that can be made has no limiting number applied to them. The crew could wear the boat out if they wanted to!

Following the development runs, the management of the boat undertaking the proving trial (note that it is a singular event - boring repetition I know, but the members voted me down on other running) - can then allow the boat K7 to undertake twelve (12) proving runs. There is no speed figure stated in that paragraph. Without looking back at the paper I know, because Bill and I wrote the words!

If my past involvement with Primetime and 'Vampire' is of concern to any of the BBP crew I will of course stand down from any further involvement. Bill has always been briefed on my CV and he sometimes looks at me in a surprised fashion when I open a discussion with the words "yes, I am the Malcolm Pittwood named in the HSE report of the crash of the jet car by Richard Hammond". The LDNPA senior officer noted my words in 2007 and we moved on to (eventually) obtain a Bye Law.

I get called out for 'semantics', but everything that is written down is put in black and white for a reason and in this case I view it as deliberate.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Along with any other insults, according to the Oxford English dictionary I may now also be a "Flatterer, toady, parasitic person".

The 'toady' bit I had to look that up - many interesting insults - "detestable or disgusting person"; "obsequious (obedient or fawning) parasite"

[and as an aside it does come after swine and before syphilis(tic) ! :lol: :lol:]
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Richie

Post by Richie »

Agreed, but then that may render me a sycophant.

It’s a conundrum that’s for sure !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Mike Bull wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am 'Right, settle down class. Come on, it's your own time you're wasting...' ;)
I guess it did sound like this on the slipway. Because I kept being called the school teacher by a certain Mr A Kershaw of the One Show. :oops:

I don't do conundrums, they are too hard! :lol:
Last edited by Malcolm Ops on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

You guys use way too many words I need to look up in a dictionary