Isle of Bute

Renegadenemo

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Renegadenemo »

We don't do temptation. We now know a great deal now and how to please the crowds whilst remaining nice and safe. Would be good to try out our fixes somewhere we know then maybe relocate to a longer course to train ourselves in comm's and safety boat procedure.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

I would advocate that we need the boys and Sally / dive team to get some tank time during the winter months... drill drill and drill some more, submersions, inverted submersions and so on. If we’re gonna do it, lets try and be the best we can be :) we were ok on Bute but I reckon we need to polish what we have learned until we are super slick.

Not sure what you think ?

I am back in the tank myself tomorrow for more ecoustic testing !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

All sounds good to me. We've learned some very interesting things about the boat's fuel plumbing this week. Can't wait to put that to rights and see what a difference that makes.

JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:13 am Our strip inspection and rebuild will take us comfortably to the last week in July 2019 and that happens to end with a live music festival on the island and we might just be able to tempt some of Marillion along to perform Out of This World if we ask nicely. What does everyone think?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! And Yes! I love Marillion.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Had a natter with Rothers last week about it... ;) Watch this space.
IMG_2307(1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Thank god not only I have grown since the 80s :P
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Richie wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:26 pm I would advocate that we need the boys and Sally / dive team to get some tank time during the winter months... drill drill and drill some more, submersions, inverted submersions and so on. If we’re gonna do it, lets try and be the best we can be :) we were ok on Bute but I reckon we need to polish what we have learned until we are super slick.

Not sure what you think ?

I am back in the tank myself tomorrow for more ecoustic testing !
There are some very nice guy's called Osprey that do a lot of the powerboat rescue worldwide, they do most of the mandatory dunk testing for safety cell drivers and I am sure they would be a great help with their inversion dunk rig in assisting you keep your eye in so to speak. They usually have 2 or 3 dates in the off season to requalify drivers which may help. Ted will know how to get in touch.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:13 am Very, very tentative at the mo, but supposing that Coniston needs a little extra time to get things into place, how about we do another week on Bute next year with lots of extra activities, talks, a dinner or three, get the kids and parents along to get hands-on, do some properly planned display runs so people can arrange to be there and feel, taste and hear what Bluebird is all about, organised visits to the boat house with one of us to talk about K7 and answer questions, that sort of thing? Coniston can set up there too with us to promote the village, sell their merch and local produce and afterwards we'll all be in the bar for a beer and a natter?
Our strip inspection and rebuild will take us comfortably to the last week in July 2019 and that happens to end with a live music festival on the island and we might just be able to tempt some of Marillion along to perform Out of This World if we ask nicely. What does everyone think?
Im in , just get the dates out early , flights to book etc etc . Should I pack some overalls in case I get dirty . : :D
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen: