Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Richie

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Richie »

I have said for a while now that the lack of comm’s from the far side of the wire is an indication of an impending attack, likely in the form of a solicitors letter and likely an attempt to arrest the boat.

We haven’t even had a “No We don’t agree to those terms”, phone call or email......nothing.

Would be nice to get some sort of clarity from them and soon as I have used precious holliday leave for July 2019, I have forfeight holiday with family to pay for the gig too, mind, after recent defamatory attacks on social media towards the families of BBP volunteers my family have said they don’t want to attend this year’s gig and definitely don’t want to attend or be anywhere near Coniston.....for me personally (regarding the lack of anything from the Museum) it’s a case of if your going to do it, get on with it...I will fix bayonet and wait.

On social media:

Every time I try and explain stuff online we just get hit with more rhetoric, then when I challenge the clear hate agenda I get accused of “typical BBP tactics of deflecting / distracting people from the truth”

Irrespective of the massive amount of people saying they want to see the boat running and touring, they get jumped on by the same individuals pretty much shouting them down.

It’s a bit like feeding a silverback mind altering drugs then get it to see sense as you explain what the situation is.

I give up.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Every time I try and explain stuff online we just get hit with more rhetoric, then when I challenge the clear hate agenda I get accused of “typical BBP tactics of deflecting / distracting people from the truth”
What you do, Rich, is not go near social media. It's full of morons. I don't call it Facebollocks for nothing. Stay away!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In my experience a prolonged period of silence is usually indicative of a need not to prejudice possible impending or intended action. Good practice. This matter is now way beyond picking up a phone, the only way forward will now be by formal written communication.
That may be the case in criminal proceedings but any action in this case would be civil litigation and pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules.

Under CPR it is incumbent upon the Claimant to satisfy any Pre-Action Protocools but, as I doubt very much there is a specific PAP for hydroplane disputes, it would fall back on general pre-action conduct, which states.

1.1 The aims of this Practice Direction are to –
(1) enable parties to settle the issue between them without the need to start proceedings (that is, a
court claim); and
(2) support the efficient management by the court and the parties of proceedings that cannot be
avoided.
1.2 These aims are to be achieved by encouraging the parties to –
(1) exchange information about the issue, and
(2) consider using a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR’).

So, if the museum is sitting quietly waiting to spring an attack they are in contravention of the pre-action conduct expected of the courts and at the Directions Hearing we would apply to the judge for an order barring us from liability to costs to date should any of their actions prove successful.
I have said for a while now that the lack of comm’s from the far side of the wire is an indication of an impending attack,
I'd say it's more a case of there's no leadership or decision making ability capacity over there.

So, Ernie, let's have a bit of a laugh. You can be Counsel for the Claimants and I'll be Counsel for the Defendants. Begin your pre action correspondence and we'll see whether we end up in proceedings.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill I don't think it will serve your purpose or anyone else's to get into a legal argument on here however look at what is considered normal practice to help resolution; In simple terms;
One party wants property, any type of property, they consider they hold legal title to back; that person/organisation has a solicitor write to the other party asking for the return of the property. Failure to return it within a specified period without good reason requires follow up action. Failure to return it and giving reasons why requires evaluation of those reasons and further correspondence. All done with letters endorsed 'without prejudice'
If the party believing their property could be damaged by any actions of the other party then an application can be made to a court for a temporary injunction preventing any movement until resolution has been reached with or without litigation. The cost of obtaining such an injunction is not burdensome but is done via a solicitor. I have no idea if such action is intended but it is very clear one party to the dispute does not want to talk to the other directly. Resolution may be achieved but it wont be via telephone calls.

I have to say those in Coniston trusted with dealing with this matter have good cause not to enter dialogue directly face to face with the BBP. Relations soured by this thread(and the other which seemed to disappear). I have always believed that good always triumphs in the end.

I have to agree re social media, facebook or whatever, best keep off them indeed my advice for what's its worth is to close this thread and not allow any such threads until the matter has been sorted. Other than publishing the actual paperwork relating to the transfer rebuild it is clear the BBP has had its say. Much more and it smacks of being over defensive.

BTW Bill copies of all the relevant documents would be needed before we play a make believe game as you suggested.
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Ernie, your position and interrests become more and more unclear to me. You are playing a very strange game.

Anyway, if I were Bill or Mike or any of the volunteers of BBP, I would start right away tonight to take K7 appart, deliver all the original parts to the Ruskin door, nicely wrapped, with a red ribbon rose ontop - go home, cry and swear, then start making the lost parts from scratch.

The only question I had was if I wanted to rebuild K7 again or to build a slightly enhanced version 2.0 and go for the record with her.
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Just of interest how much is bluebird k7actually worth? Just say a multi millionair wanted to buy her how much would he have to pay?. Ian lazenby
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Joerg. You don't know me. I appeared on a UK national TV programme talking about corruption in the Police service(as it happens I was subsequently proven to be correct). Caused me a lot of problems doing that but I believed it right to do so. I believe in supporting/saying what's right and yes that has me seeing things in black and white for much of the time but it helped me maintain my integrity.

I support the Ruskin Museum Trustees right to determine what happens to K7. Had the wreck not been gifted to them I may have a different view but as it stands they have the document that gives them that right. Others disagree fine I have no problem with that.
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

Reading through this thread, just a thought should it be renamed to “The Ernie Lazenby rant”
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, of course, and to quote from earlier “Ernie, your position and interrests become more and more unclear to me. You are playing a very strange game.” It’s fair to say that this forum is “pro k7 running” and rightly so, yet Ernies comments are very negative towards k7 regularly running again, anywhere.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Argh....... its like a bloody never ending spin cycle this

will someone chuck a breeze block into the tumbler and finish me off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."