Bluebird Runs 2019

midlife

Re: Bluebird Runs 2019

Post by midlife »

I hope so Bill, best of luck to you all!!
It would be a tragedy for all future generations to have her locked away gradually oxidising into dust...
Cheers
Wayne

Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Have you thought about asking Ted to get involved and have a word. He's actually a very good communicator.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Afraid it’s out of our hands, ball is in their court to make the right or wrong decision.

Blustering about it on here won’t help anyone..... I’d recommend putting it to bed until they play their hand, at that point we can move forward with our intentions.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Seems a slightly back to front way of doing things. We'd have almost certainly finished and tested the boat this summer and then she'd be ready to display, which would have freed up some time to lend a hand with the proving trial arrangements and all that's needed is to sign off on what was agreed years ago. No matter, we can shine up the Derwent, finish Jetstar and get our little RIB good to go in the meantime.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I see the Windermere boat museum have no problem getting their steam boat on to the water. Looks like a nice craft from what I saw on the telly tonight.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm we can shine up the Derwent
Off topic I know but will the Derwent be run up or is it for static display only? It would be awesome to see and hear it roar into life! :)
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's been sectioned for display. It will never run again, sadly.

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I knew the tram was HLF funded but not the boat. Just wonder if they had been turned down like we were if those projects would have had the balls that we had to say sod it we go alone, Both of them are now running displays. Hopefully common sense will win over and the efforts of the most determined people I have ever worked with in my life who have had to fight their corner every inch of the way will be allowed the same respect.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hopefully common sense will win over and the efforts of the most determined people I have ever worked with in my life who have had to fight their corner every inch of the way will be allowed the same respect.
If common sense fails it will only bring huge shame on those who derailed it. History will declare us the honourable party either way.

Common sense is going to prevail. It always has and it will this time...

conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

I see the Windermere boat museum have no problem getting their steam boat on to the water. Looks like a nice craft from what I saw on the telly tonight.
After its long redevelopment opening 23 March. Looks impressive.