Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Healey nut

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Healey nut »

Ahem ....Bill ......Monday is the 15th April .....you might want to correct that . :D
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
lstewa38

Post by lstewa38 »

Best of luck to you. I hope to see her running soon.
I’ve just made a small donation to keep you in spoons for the frogs in the meantime.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Healey nut wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:36 pm
Filtertron wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Healey nut wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:54 am Signed contract = legally binding agreement between two or more parties to complete something.
Verbal agreement, non binding often misinterpreted.....
Promise , often broken or empty ie “the check is in the mail” or “I’ll pay you back next week”
I guess there is a degree of schadenfreude in this for you...?
Absolutely not , I want to see K7 on the water at power more than anything , its on my bucket list . I have followed the project now for ages and donated to the cause .
I would much prefer that the BBP and the Ruskin sit down like adults and hash things out and reach an agreement that pleases both sides and secures the future of K7 both as a static and running piece of history.
It seems at the moment that all there is is she said he said and lots of mudslinging on social media instead of real progress on where and when K7 will end up .
However without a signed contract its going to be whole lot more difficult to establish who owns and has the rights to which bits and if K7 will ever see open water again .
I do apologies to you. I mistakenly interpreted you posts as thus. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree about both the BBP and Rusken sitting down and talking, but I don't think I have seen any mudslinging. I have only seen sheer frustration from the BBP at getting no reaction from the Rusken, and there has been, well, nothing at all from the Rusken aside from a few rumblings about the ownership of K7.

This is a huge opportunity for the Rusken, and a marketing tool beyond their wildest dreams. Instead; they seem intent on pissing it down the drain, rather than embrace this golden opportunity that they have been given. The partnership with the BBP could put them on the world stage, and attract millions of people worldwide to visit the Rusken and Coniston when K7 goes out on the water (either in Coniston or on tour), and also during it's off season in their Bluebird wing. Instead they only seem interested in being bureaucratic, rather than being a part of living, breathing history.

All it takes is a phone call; putting the politics of ownership aside, and working together to achieve a common goal. It's not rocket science. It's as easy as that, and the possibilities are endless.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Sam_68

Post by Sam_68 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:15 am
I would much prefer that the BBP and the Ruskin sit down like adults and hash things out and reach an agreement

I'd like to make a point here because so many observers have said that we should stop the squabbling and sit down like grownups and they are both absolutely right and completely unfair. BBP has been trying for weeks and months to have our museum partners even take a phone call without result. We did not instigate this squabble. We would have gladly met a long time ago to sort this out but we are in the unfortunate position of being like the chap who went out for a quiet beer with the missus only to have some drunken fool throw a punch. Wasn't our idea to be rolling around the bar room floor right now so please don't criticise us too harshly for rising to our own defence.
There is a certain irony in making this claim, and then using the forum to post an open letter 'because you know that they read it', when you have spent so much time on puerile name calling and attacks against the Ruskin (and other bodies) on here in the past.

If you didn't instigate the squabble, then I would suggest that certainly it was a lack of professionalism and maturity in your handling of it in the public realm that has led to a total breakdown in their trust.

Only one side has chosen to make it a public bar room brawl (although playground spat would seem to be a better description).

I would suggest that you take a long, hard look at your own behaviour in this matter, before criticising that of others.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Sam_68 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:06 am
There is a certain irony in making this claim, and then using the forum to post an open letter 'because you know that they read it', when you have spent so much time on puerile name calling and attacks against the Ruskin (and other bodies) on here in the past.

If you didn't instigate the squabble, then I would suggest that certainly it was a lack of professionalism and maturity in your handling of it in the public realm that has led to a total breakdown in their trust.

Only one side has chosen to make it a public bar room brawl (although playground spat would seem to be a better description).

I would suggest that you take a long, hard look at your own behaviour in this matter, before criticising that of others.
@Sam_68

Knock it off already.
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Its mine! No its mine!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

@sam_68 don’t be a dick. Bill and the team have only ever repeated on this forum the total lack of communication from the Ruskin and associated parties. Its not their fault the Ruskin are burying their heads in the sand, and choosing not to engage in dialogue which seems to demonstrate their position is very weak in all of this!
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

I offer the following with no ill directed towards anyone; I am afraid this will be my last post on this subject. I think it is very inappropriate for the matter to be played out on this forum given that lawyers are involved. It really is unreasonable to expect the Ruskin trustees to enter direct dialogue with the BBP after they have employed a lawyer with the possibility of further action to come. The open letter published by the BBP in this thread ought to have been in private to the lawyer acting for the Ruskin Trustees. Expecting the trustees to read this forum, they probably do but that's not the point, and respond regarding the intention to go to Bute with a deadline is really pushing the boundaries of good behaviour.

I said so some time ago that some of the comments on this forum going back some years would not help a relationship with the Ruskin museum and to some extent could be read as forceful and antagonistic. I think the Trustees have acted with decorum and not been drawn into such language. The fact that the Ruskin trustees have not hitherto responded to e mails or telephone calls is clearly an indication they do not accept that anything has changed after the initial contracts were signed, the 2013 contract submitted by the BBP appears never to have been signed, and expect what was agreed to be completed.
One side of this dispute gives all the appearance of protesting too much.
Please folks try and remember that trustees have responsibilities and just because some don't like what they do it does not make them wrong or bad people.

Surely the BBP must now take legal advice from a lawyer rather than relying on google.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Surely the BBP must now take legal advice from a lawyer rather than relying on google.
Way ahead of you, Ernie. We've had top lawyers since 2001 when Mr. Ffoulks-Halbard claimed to own the wreckage.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Think we need to close the doors and hatches, leave it to the solicitors.....you have tried to be open an transparent, it has resulted in more accusations of airing dirty laundry etc, anything you say will be twisted and used against you / us later.

It’s in the hands of the expensive people now, not through our choice or doing, leave it to them...once the final shots have been fired and the irreparable collateral damage has been made, the dust will settle and we can decide where we go.

I will be signing off the forum until this is over as it only serves to p**s me off watching poisonous elements second guess your every move, usually comments being made by some are based on the square route of F all correct info.

Res ipsa loquitur
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."