Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Ernie Lazenby

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill said, 'No matter - as you correctly point out, the understanding and the basis on which our volunteers have given thousand of hours of free work over many years is to see K7 run on Coniston Water and THEN be displayed in the museum. Thank you for making it very clear that this agreement was both known to, and understood by, a local of the village unconnected to the museum trustees'.

With respect that's not what you have said several times on TV and on this forum. 'and then be displayed in the museum' surely the sentence is incomplete.

Perhaps it ought to read 'until we want it back out again for three months of each year to run wherever its wanted or where we want to take it. I am only using your stated position or has that changed this week in light of some action by the Trustees. Most confusing.
Richie

Post by Richie »

We are still waiting for you to clarify your veiled threats Ernie....... waiting patiently.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Sam_68 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 am
Filtertron wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:31 pm ...in a legal sense, the wreckage of K7 now no longer exists (save for possibly a few small shards of twisted metal at the bottom of Coniston, and the corroded jet engine in the museum)...
And yet, ironically, BBP has spent years trying to convince us of how much of the boat is original... I seem to recall figures of 90% original parts being bandied about (despite the entirely new engine and sponsons).

I imagine we can look forward to the amusement of watching some frantic backpedalling on such claims, in the near future... :D
Really?

I can buy a car which is a write-off in the legal sense, or 'wreck' if you will. It might be as simple as replacing a radiator strut; fit a new quarter panel skin, and put a new engine in it to put it back on the road. Once the engineering has been signed off on the repairs, I can then register the car. 90% of the car is original, but it is no longer a wreck. It ceased being a wreck when I pulled it down to repair it. An engine is a replaceable component, which Campbell himself was no stranger to. It's not a hard concept to understand.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 pm We are still waiting for you to clarify your veiled threats Ernie....... waiting patiently.
I had little partience when at work supervising some Pc' and Sergeants who seemed at times to behave like juveniles, I have no intention of getting into play school on here with a small number of those on here who must be avid readers of toy town and follow the exploits of Noddy. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know exactly what I meant. Graduate from play school and work it out.

Your overt supoport for Bill is to be applauded one hopes you reap the reward you 'richly' deserve.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Not going to tell us then ? Does not seem right to make the statement then refuse to qualify it....then sit there and type, demanding answers from others and for others to explain their actions or words.....quite the hypocrite aren’t we.

You keep talking about the police Ernie, which force were you affiliated with, did you retire or resign from the service ? I have assisted various police forces over the last 20 years, maybe we know mutual people ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I personaly think Bill is big enough to fight his own battles, with or without our support,. I was asking you to clarify your statement as it seemed to be aimed at the team. So for the brain dead non physic, toy town addicts who dont have the intilect to work it out among us,would you be able to clarify it please and put my tiny brain at ease. I will have to check in later as Tele tubbies is coming on now.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
newsgirluk

Post by newsgirluk »

Shucks seems in my haste I forgot to mention that the original agreement was for the boat to be on PERMANENT display in the museum!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Permanent means no Science Museum or Beaulieu. Doesn't mean we don't take her out and run her on water.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

bluebirdsback wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 pm I personaly think Bill is big enough to fight his own battles, with or without our support,. I was asking you to clarify your statement as it seemed to be aimed at the team. So for the brain dead non physic, toy town addicts who dont have the intilect to work it out among us,would you be able to clarify it please and put my tiny brain at ease. I will have to check in later as Tele tubbies is coming on now.
Happy to reply to you.(I have no problem with the vast majority of the team as I have made clear many times) Some on here have picked up I have very recently donated cash to the Ruskin Museum 'go fund me' and may do so again, thats what I meant by getting started. Some silly folk trying to make more of it than that.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 pm Not going to tell us then ? Does not seem right to make the statement then refuse to qualify it....then sit there and type, demanding answers from others and for others to explain their actions or words.....quite the hypocrite aren’t we.

You keep talking about the police Ernie, which force were you affiliated with, did you retire or resign from the service ? I have assisted various police forces over the last 20 years, maybe we know mutual people ?

Joined 1966. did 30 years retired with three pips pension. Thats all I wish to say to you so shall we just leave it there.