Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Malcolm Ops

Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Just looked back in old diaries and forward in the 2019 diary, so I am posting some information.

The crew training event in 2018 took 30 weeks of detailed planning and probably 10 weeks of pre-planning and research. Say 40 weeks in total.

It is some 40 weeks since Bluebird K7 was at the centre of the crew training on Loch Fad on the Isle of Bute.

There are now 60 weeks before the Cumbrian school holidays in 2020.

I know of no legal impediment to planning an event to welcome Bluebird K7 back on to Coniston Water. I trust all of the others who need to be involved in a successful Proving Trial are looking at their diaries.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Re: Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's to be hoped there's much frantic activity going on. Surely it must be on for 2020.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Sorry to be a pest but is there any planned update on the diary, its been almost a year and there is lots to write about, both K7 and now your adventures with the Vulcan.
Always enjoy reading the updates.

Thank you
eyeinthesky

Post by eyeinthesky »

I think the informative Diary has been superseded by 2 line tweets. Not really the same at all.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I think the informative Diary has been superseded by 2 line tweets. Not really the same at all.
Okay, okay - we here you. There's a diary half written. Will get on with it and get it posted soon.

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:52 am It's to be hoped there's much frantic activity going on. Surely it must be on for 2020.
As I cannot be in Coniston at this time of year, I too must hope that the lack of any contact must mean that plans are progressing without any 'problems', in the village.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Still waiting on a draft agenda for a meeting but we're assuming it's all hands to the pumps for a Proving Trial in 2020. After the past couple of false starts this will surely be top of the list.

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:30 pm ... we're assuming it's all hands to the pumps for a Proving Trial in 2020.
Whilst I can call a good meeting I know nothing.

As a non gambler (yes, even in Vegas) I would not put any money down on the confirmation of action. :lol:
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

As a non gambler (yes, even in Vegas) I would not put any money down on the confirmation of action. :lol:
Taking deep breaths and staying nicely chilled over here. And breathe...

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:39 pm The crew training event in 2018 took 30 weeks of detailed planning and probably 10 weeks of pre-planning and research. Say 40 weeks in total.
It would seem that on other forms of social media there is discussion of the information I have given above. I understand it is being used to try to show that the personnel in and associated with the BBP gives out contradicting or 'exaggerated' info.

Read the sentence above and you all decide whether I have contradicted any statement that goes along the lines of Bute agreed to and accepted the Crew Training in 7 months, (which may or may not be 28 weeks).

I hope that others in the UK are making the best use of the next 59 weeks and counting down to any Coniston based Proving Trial which the Bye Law can accommodate.

Two 'edits' - the process with Bute during 2018 actually took 6 months and 25 days! The Proving Trial of K7 could be held on any suitable water surface, however, only Coniston Water has a written and detailed Bye Law allowing such an event to take place.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England