Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Renegadenemo

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by Renegadenemo »

There you go, Rich. Don't want one of those amateur model engines made from dead turbochargers - have a real UAV engine.

https://www.pbs.cz/en/our-business/aero ... -pbs-tj100
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

I am looking for a ww2 British U class Submarine kit but can’t seem find a kit anywhere ? Anyone any ideas ??
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie. I am a member of the UK model submariners association and will ask if there's any kits of that one.
I have an Radio control British WW2 S class with my own design dive system and a Russian Akula again with my own design RC system. Good fun.
Do you want a static or RC model?
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

I can ask at the local museum to see if they have any drawings Richie
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Thanks guys, I would like to make a static model, as it happens I want to model it on N66 which was a local patrol boat.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie PM sent.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Thanks Ernie I got it...

The only thing U class I could find was a rather expensive hull

https://fleetscale.com/store/gb/72ndhul ... -hull.html
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

The word will get around so here it is direct from the horses mouth. I have sold my large Partially finished model of Crusader to Rich Marsh who will make a good job of it. I got it to work well and its ready for him to finish. He's a genuine speed record enthusiast who is a member of my model boat club. It will add to his fleet of several K7's Spirit of Australia, Miss England 11 and assorted other models. He is about the only person I would have sold the model too, an infectious enthusiasm he developed as a teenager.
Reason for sale- I just cannot do it anymore, too old with health problems.
Keep an eye on Rich's facebook page, he hopes to run Crusader on Loch Ness late summer.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Ernie, was this your prop rider version ? If it is I saw it go and it was pretty damned amazing !

At least it’s gone to a good collection as you say ! Are you giving up completely or continuing with static stuff ?
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Thanks Richie but the one you saw was a 1/12th scale I sold about 10 years ago. The one I have just sold is much bigger at 1/8th scale and is fitted with a large brushless motor etc driving a three blade prop under the hull. Its about the same size as Ians 1/6th scale K7 Bill and the lads saw at North Shields last year. On the water at speed it really looks the part. Please don't think I am being arrogant but I have been told I am the only model maker who has ever got a model of Crusader to work properly. Technically very difficult on a number of levels.
I am afraid I am no longer able to complete the model to a level I want and wont do it to a lower standard. I am still into model boating but more sailing and doing small repairs for club members. I have been bitten by the submarine bug designing my own dive systems using air pumps and solenoids.
I think Rich Marsh will do a good job of keeping the flag flying for radio control scale models of famous hydroplanes. My day has passed now.
I have a grandson (13) who is a really good driver of high speed models, Bill has met him I think, Jamie keeps me interested in the hobby but more of a guiding hand than anything else.