Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Filtertron

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:09 pm
GC advertising for 'Regtransfers'.....!!
There's this one with our Novie too.

IMG_5040.jpg
Here's the screencap I didn't post yesterday. It's a continuation of the previous one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 pm I'm now informed that the 'poor deluded teabag' also tried to post a solitary laughing face on our forum earlier.

No clue what that was all about. Anyone?

Screenshot_20200803-132925_Chrome.jpg
Gloating again perhaps? Either way, he's being a monumental twat. Not surprising after seeing some of his other posts online.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Some interesting posts... Thanks, Paul for all the info on what CN7 is up to this year. I knew there was something going on with Beaulieu, I just didn't know what.

So a quick summary seems to be that Mr. H has done an outstanding job of burying himself completely whilst making Gina look look like a love-struck fool, Wile E Coyote has once again blown himself up with his own box of TNT from the ACME store and as a result they are all out of the loop now with regard to BBP and the museum.

I'm also assuming that the museum folk have by now realised they were taken for fools, despite my fervent warnings, and will be wiser in future. That I actually find quite tragic because after the 2013 attempt they were properly miffed and yet they somehow walked into it a second time. Never mind, it's inconceivable that they haven't grasped who the villains are this time around while poor Novie still smarts from the awful abuse he took from someone he'd been a friend to for 25 years and all because he refused to toe the line - and we're not just talking number plates here.

Meanwhile, as Engine 711 points out, we've never wavered, never changed state - all we've done is what it says on our tin. Build a running boat and operate it when it's not being displayed in the museum. Of course we're paused in doing either at the moment but that's not down to us so presumably the museum is going to shout us up soon, especially as now they only have to deal with us.

Two years to the day since we launched on Bute and people are still enthusing about it like it was yesterday. Just think how much we could have achieved in those two years. It totally boggles the mind that people would watch that slip through their fingers when it was within their power to further all the good work but there you go.

Waiting for the phone to ring...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
El Lole

Post by El Lole »

When I think of all the fantastic skilled and voluntary work which has been carried out over the years by all the people involved in the project, a labour of love if ever I have seen one, it is a terrible shame that some people cannot come together to reach an amicable solution. We all know ‘life is too short’ especially in these terrible times, I do wish and hope to see Bluebird K7 on the water again be it at Coniston, Lake Fad, or wherever to keep reminding us of Donald Campbell’s truly great achievements.

El Lole
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

it is a terrible shame that some people cannot come together to reach an amicable solution.

Just for the record - we are perfectly prepared to come together to reach an amicable solution. We have asked and offered our hospitality many times in order to thrash out a new agreement if that's what the museum wants but our mails go unanswered and our calls are not returned and there's not a lot we can do about that but it will have to happen one day so we'll be ready when they are.

El Lole

Post by El Lole »

Yes you have tried so much to bring everyone together and offer hospitality, it really is common courtesy that the Museum reply to your E-Mails and telephone calls. Here’s keeping fingers crossed for you all and hoping they get in touch soon.

El Lole
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:02 pm
.... but our mails go unanswered and our calls are not returned and there's not a lot we can do about that but it will have to happen one day so we'll be ready when they are.
Like Common Sense not being Common, these days - No Reply is seen as being perfectly acceptable. And not... ignorant.. or rude.

Really...?

One day... when they are ready.... Well, I hope 'they' (Ruskin & Co.) can manage to see whats been done to them, swallow their pride - and respond back to the BBP. Positively.

Fingers crossed here.... :|

IanM
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

From the “Regtransfers” advertisement, a quote from Gina Campbell:

“I think number plates are great fun, and in some cases very apt. They can tell you a lot about the owner.”

Now ain’t that the truth......
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

“I think number plates are great fun, and in some cases very apt. They can tell you a lot about the owner.”

Now ain’t that the truth......
Did l mention that Novie had to pay a not inconsiderable sum for the pleasure of handing back said plates? Novie, who we all know isn't the one down to their last Range-Rover, has to save up the petrol money to come to the workshop to further the Campbell legend and who had to live on cereal that week as a result. Did l mention that?

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

And this is why we're not putting our splendid spray baffles, cockpit canopies and lovely paintwork/panels in the way of selfie hunters until we know they're safe.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/arts/202 ... ig-mrg.cnn