Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Healey nut

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Healey nut »

Don’t get me wrong Bill , you guys have been more than professional and tried everything in every way possible to get the museum to see sense and negotiate a deal without going the legal route . You have been knocking on the door for years but sadly it’s all been in vain and they either can’t or don’t want to hear you .
However you only have to look at history to see what happens in similar cases , the only winners are the lawyers .
IMHO nothing more than ambulance chasers looking for a quick buck at very high prices .
I wouldn’t be surprised to see this drag out for 3 or 4 years minimum .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this drag out for 3 or 4 years minimum
Well at least we can faithfully promise not to drag it out a minute more than we have to.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:56 am Well at least we can faithfully promise not to drag it out a minute more than we have to.
Here's hoping that the the potential costs & timescale, of up-coming legal action, might bring Ruskin & Co. back to reality....?

Perhaps that a bit too much to hope for - but it would be best for all concerning.... IMHO.... :(
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Here's hoping that the the potential costs & timescale, of up-coming legal action, might bring Ruskin & Co. back to reality....?

Perhaps that a bit too much to hope for - but it would be best for all concerning.... IMHO.... :(
What I find more intriguing is how declining fish and chips and a natter with the BBP team and going for what's happening now can be construed as the trustees' meeting their obligation to act in the best interest of their charity. How does that work?

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:40 pm What I find more intriguing is how declining fish and chips and a natter with the BBP team and going for what's happening now can be construed as the trustees' meeting their obligation to act in the best interest of their charity. How does that work?
Perhaps Fish & Chips is just too... common, for the Trustee's.....? ;)

Maybe you should have offered something more.. sophisticated...?? :lol:
ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush »

Local version of Cumberland ring along the Fishquay... "Wor Cumberland"....

These guys have kept a lot of us going during lockdown - https://www.geordiebangercompany.co.uk/buy-online
"Turned Out Nice Again!"
""There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one."
Motorbikes, Big Blue "Boats", 1/2 Scale Wooden Silver Boats.... and Craft Ales (but not all at the same time)...
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Engine 711 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:40 pm What I find more intriguing is how declining fish and chips and a natter with the BBP team and going for what's happening now can be construed as the trustees' meeting their obligation to act in the best interest of their charity. How does that work?

Poisson avec Pommes Frites, a la Anglais ...

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Orchard

Post by Orchard »

+1 for the legal profession. In my own experience (in product liability and corporate stuff) they are highly driven and really don’t like losing. Also they can also be very good deal makers if there is a clear understanding of objectives.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

+1 for the legal profession. In my own experience (in product liability and corporate stuff) they are highly driven and really don’t like losing. Also they can also be very good deal makers if there is a clear understanding of objectives.
It's not usual, I think, for people to have had much experience with the legal profession hence some negative views that persist. I always say a legal team is like a medical team. You never want one but if you have to have one make sure they're damn good at their jobs. This is our go-to guy and he is very much top of his game as well as being a really charming and funny guy to be around. https://www.4newsquare.com/barristers/hugh-jory-qc/
Of course counsel can only be instructed by solicitors but I've worked with the same firm one way and another for almost ten years and it's always been a very positive experience but engaging their services has to be an absolute last resort when everything else has failed and given BBP's long and proven track record of being able to successfully negotiate there's no good reason why we should be in this position.
When we had lawyers pointed our way last March it transpired that they had only been told half a story and the matter ended with them saying to their clients, get around a table. That's what we had been repeatedly trying to do anyway as of August 2018 after the crew training. Our lawyers said get around a table too and there was also a spiteful attempt to undermine us with the Bute authorities who rebuffed that and declared that we were welcome back any time and to guess what - get round a table! But still nothing.
Jordan and Pete were finally able to facilitate something, but it was overpopulated with people superfluous to what needs to be done and despite Jordan and Pete's supreme efforts it was a total waste of time. We offered a further seven days to reschedule and were ignored so, what else could we do? Lawyers it is but no one can say we didn't try our very best to avoid it.

Orchard

Post by Orchard »

Sometimes these things go to the courtroom steps, before one side realises going in front of the court risks everything, then sense prevails and a deal is done.