Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Jordangbr

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Jordangbr »

Just getting on with life whilst the big Blue boat is under wraps.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Any news on what is happening with the legal proceedings and the museum?
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Any news on what is happening with the legal proceedings and the museum?
The museum, so far as it seems, is just persisting with its dog in a manger routine though they're down in numbers from fourteen last year to ten at present so maybe more will have the good sense to get off before the ship sinks but it doesn't matter. The lawyers have prepared the bundle, basically copies of everything we ever discussed and/or agreed with the museum over the years, testimonials from our sponsors setting out our many successful collaborations, our multitude of attempts to engage and negotiate, etc. and much more. That's been sent to counsel along with instructions and soon we have a video conference with counsel to tidy up the loose ends. After that he writes the proceedings, we pay the court fees then buy ten first class stamps - then we're game on. Won't be long... :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Dare I ask.... yes.... :?

Is there any news on the legal negotiations, between the BBP and the Ruskin Museum, yet.....?
Richie

Post by Richie »

As per above, paperwork is being served there will not be a blow by blow update until the process is completed or at least been to court for the first hearing (not from me in any event, and I will politely shove Bill really hard in the back of the neck until he does the same :lol: ). It’s in the laps of the gods now, BBP will either be vindicated or vilified either way it’s happening and either way I will bare no malice to those who have, and continue, to bad mouth me and the other volunteers here.

Best case scenario K7 goes in the museum, BBP continue to maintain and run the craft occasionally, be it on Coniston or another body of water and can do so without the “only if we say it’s ok” that was offered. (This is my personal choice)

Very worst case scenario K7 is reduced to a pile of bits.

To be clear again...... I REALLY don’t want the latter to occur, but if Bill’s hands are forced then they are forced. Lots of rivets to drill out, paint to strip and components / fabric to claim back, could take another decade to strip it down remove grafts etc then the rebuild time it would take the museum and their already “awaiting team” added on top :cry: the process would be both painful and grotesque.

It’s a crap outcome which is entirely possible and I am sure nobody wants.... but if a court dictates it...then it must be done!

For those that will likely twist this post as a threat, it really isn’t, it is a possibility which all parties should strive to avoid, nothing more nothing less.

Now let’s look at the positives and move on, for now K7 is working and almost complete......here’s to all parties crossing the finish line together before 2030.
Last edited by Richie on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Is there any news on the legal negotiations, between the BBP and the Ruskin Museum, yet.....?
The bundle went to the solicitors just before Christmas - an overwhelming body of evidence spanning more than a decade that BBP is to run and maintain the boat and the museum display it at other times, no one can pretend they didn't know that was the deal!

We've had to wait a while for a conference with Mr. Jory but that's finally happening this coming Wednesday then a few weeks for the proceedings to be written, pay the court fees and then buy ten first-class stamps unless Jordan fancies popping up the road to play postman.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

It would seem the sands of time are slowly running out but I’m hoping there is still chance that this can be resolved, but let’s make no mistake, this situation isn’t brinkmanship or sabre rattling this is very real and not one I personally particularly like.
Trustees please pick up the phone and give Bill a call.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Jordangbr wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:50 pm I’m hoping there is still chance that this can be resolved...

Trustees - please pick up the phone and give Bill a call.
Hear Hear. Please - Ruskin Museum - save everyone involved, on both sides, the costs of legal action. Please....!
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

And a question for the Trustees: How will you explain to the public why there is a pile of wreckage where there should be a complete and fully operational Bluebird K7?
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

I'm curious as to what happens when Covid-19 gets to the point where it's somewhat manageable, and things start opening up again. Right now, everything is locked down. The township's economy couldn't be faring too well, and will take a while to gain momentum again. Surely a big event with K7 would help top up the coffers? People will travel far and wide to see K7 on Coniston Water. They would be staying at local B&B's and hotels; buying from the local shops (food, essentials et al), as well as visiting the local attractions. Surely the museum trustees must realise that it could be a real shot in the arm financially for Coniston, as well as the museum? At present the trustees are looking down the barrel of some potentially hefty legal fees, on top of the lost revenue from Covid. Surely it would make sense to pick up the phone and get the ball rolling, before it's too late?
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."