New CN7 Book

rob565uk

Re: New CN7 Book

Post by rob565uk »

Thanks Mike

Looks interesting - I just pre-ordered my copy and will post some impressions on here once I have read and digested it

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

as you say mike, struggling to think of his other lsr cars
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Have you forgotten to slip on your anoraks ??

The '1960 car' was his first LSR car (actually pictured on the front cover of this book) and this one was written off at Bonneville because of - pick your own theory - accelerating too fast; driving on the oil line; oxygen 'high'; ..........

The 1963/1964 car was therefore his second one, built for him by British businesses and can be said to be the "last" as he did not use it again after the 403 mph Australian speed runs. [Car was damaged during a post record exhibition run by a 'back up' driver].

If Donald S has captured his talks at the Bluebird Supporters Club meetings then this could be a fine read for 2010. To benefit the writer you can order copies directly from him with an added DVD of film footage.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

malcolm uk wrote: If Donald S has captured his talks at the Bluebird Supporters Club meetings then this could be a fine read for 2010. To benefit the writer you can order copies directly from him with an added DVD of film footage.

Malcolm

Malcolm - have you got contact details to order direct from Donald Stevens?

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Donald Stevens (the Author) can be reached at " brindles - (at) - uwclub - (dot) - net "

In his e mail Donald has indicated that books ordered directly will not only have the DVD, that Veloce Publishing will not add to their copies, but he will write a dedication if requested.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Written off or rebuilt?

As far as I can recall there was only one turbine engine with power exiting from both ends, so the motor lived on in the 'second' car. As to the composite chassis ... if they did re-use it how in the '60s did they confirm it remained sound after the impacts with the salt?

I do not know the answer to this because by the time CN7 was back running the Americans had gone over 407 mph and were operating the fastest cars on land. I shifted to the jet duel between Arfons and Breedlove.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

malcolm uk wrote:Donald Stevens (the Author) can be reached at " brindles - (at) - uwclub - (dot) - net "

In his e mail Donald has indicated that books ordered directly will not only have the DVD, that Veloce Publishing will not add to their copies, but he will write a dedication if requested.

Malcolm

Much obliged Malcolm - thanks

turbocox

Post by turbocox »

Looks like an interesting read, Me, I would love to have seen CN-8 (EDIT(blueird 1.1)EDIT) built, shiped out to the saltflats Of Bonnevile and have Donald rub Breedloves face in it :mrgreen:

For those not familiar with this vehicle, Below is a link to a model site, that sells a scale version of the later modified Nigel McKnight Inspired CMN-8.
http://www.speedlinemodels.com/page27.html

Oh (Respect to MR Breedlove thow) But...... http://trevorhirstcars.co.uk/spiritofamerica.html

Hmmm I wonder where the inspiration came from!
Last edited by turbocox on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Mike Bull wrote:Thanks for that Sir Malcolm. Is there a link or anything re. the author ordering/DVD?

I'm very poor on my CN7, but I always thought that the core frame of 'both' CN7s was in fact the same? Thus making it the same vehicle, kind of?!

Hi All,

Your quite right there Mike. The last time I saw him, Lewis told me they used vertually the whole tub from the original car. although some bit were u/s.

Regards, Fred

'I'm just that pest, who won't go away!'
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

malcolm uk wrote:Donald Stevens (the Author) can be reached at " brindles - (at) - uwclub - (dot) - net "

Malcolm

I have been in contact with Donald Stevens and got a very helpful response confirming that orders made through Donald S will also include a DVD of CN7 performing at Lake Eyre. I don't know the full details but the film was made for Rubery Owen and he doesn't think it has ever been in the public domain, so it sounds fascinating.

For anyone interested, I recommend emailing him