New Members

klingon

Re: New Members

Post by klingon »

Ok Bill-your nominated as chief diver then!-whats the bottom time at 12000 feet?-mebbe a bounce dive there! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I rivet on auto pilot these days as was proven last week. Put a bunch of holes in front of me and Mick the block and we will rivet them whether it be Titanic or the space shuttlle. Doesnt take long to get them back out if theyre not due yet :oops: .
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
d_hipperson

Post by d_hipperson »

Hi I'm a new member from London with a keen interest in the project and a huge respect for the whole BBP team and your attention to detail. Inspirational stuff. I'll be watching and supportng and spreading the Word.
klingon

Post by klingon »

Mike Bull wrote:
klingon wrote:Ok Bill-your nominated as chief diver then!-whats the bottom time at 12000 feet?-mebbe a bounce dive there! :lol:
I have an awful feeling that if we went playing at the Titanic site, Al and I would be designated Mir 1 and Mir 2... :lol:
Yeah-small, round, thick skinned, and full of low pressure air!-only kiddin!- :lol: :lol:
klingon

Post by klingon »

d_hipperson wrote:Hi I'm a new member from London with a keen interest in the project and a huge respect for the whole BBP team and your attention to detail. Inspirational stuff. I'll be watching and supportng and spreading the Word.
Welcome aboard mate! :)
woody

Post by woody »

Hello

Thought I'd say hello! after lurking in the shadows for a while and watching the amazing progress your making on the big blue boat I thought I'd officially make my presence known. Though officialy I shouldn't be here as I'm under forty but hey ho!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Under forty and interested in the Bluebird Project - shame on you!

But welcome all the same.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
trying

Post by trying »

Hi all.

Great work. Keep it up.

I hope to be able to be present to see K7 on the water once more.
Rob Thomson

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello,

Another under-40 here too! Been lurking for a couple of months; that's not too bad, huh?

My interest in all things DMC started when I was 11 or 12 and found my Dad's copy of 'Into The Water Barrier' lurking on a bookshelf. I'd soon read everything I could find on the subject, but then became a lazy teenager more interested in drink and girls and forgot all about K7 until she appeared in the news in 2001. Since then I've followed the project closely, always amazed at the efforts of Bill's team in restoring almost every last scrap of original material from the lake.

Best wishes to all for 2010.

Cheers, Rob.
tony Pearson

Post by tony Pearson »

Hello All,
My name is Tony I am from Harlow in Essex I was up at the Blue bird Cafe in the summer of 09 and looked out across the lake and it was strange to imagine Donald and Blue bird skimming across the water at such speed and what a fantastic job to rescue them from the depths and done with such care and respect by the team. I am following the rebuild with interest and how they are using as much of the original craft as possible, I wonder who will pilot it on its return hope its not Andy Green much more fitting its a member of the team or family that will be in the spirit of record attempts what does everyone else think?