Bye Law Amendment for K7

Renegadenemo

Re: Bye Law Amendment for K7

Post by Renegadenemo »

See you on the beach we shall. That's where I fully intend to be. I've dreamt of it for years. I guess I'll be wearing a headset so I can worry and fret with the rest of the team via digital radio link but otherwise up to the ankles in water will do for me.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Hmm, the North East...now, what's up here that I can fill my spare time with then..? :lol:[/quote]
hi mike, i believe that a bloke up there is repairing a boat or something!? might be worth a look!!! jon
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
shropshirelad

Post by shropshirelad »

Have just filled it in didn't know there was a problem until I called on a good friend "Dick Ransomes" the other day.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Any news from the Bye Law amendment meeting held in Coniston this week? Any Coniston locals on here who can provide an update? Thanks. Chris
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

ace_chris wrote:Any news from the Bye Law amendment meeting held in Coniston this week? Any Coniston locals on here who can provide an update? Thanks. Chris
The Meeting Monday past was a Public Consultation so I would have thought there would not yet be a formal outcome.

Indeed, the LDNPA consultation states 31st March as the final deadline. There is therefore still time to fill in the online questionnaire:

http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/bluebirdconsultation

Presumably there will then be a formal planning meeting and - if things move at the same speed as they do in local Councils in Northumberland - a possible decision end April/May ------------.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The Parish Council meeting was one of the best attended for some time. The meeting was addressed by the co-ordinator from the LDNPA, who outlined the request from the BBP and tha manner of the consultation. Including how those not on the internet can complete the questionnaire.

Questions were raised from the floor (as well as some statements made) and were discussed or answered by the Chairpeson, otherCouncil members or the LDNPA representative. When questions needed answering from the BBP this was stated by the Chairperson and the questionner was given details of contacts in the BBP Operations. [It was not intended that the meeting should be come a Q&A session between members of the public and the BBP over an operation that could only take place after a new bye law is written].

Until the minutes are published it would be wrong for me to try to write another version. Suffice it to say that in the room that night there were 18 positive responses to a show of hands regarding amending the bye law for K7 and three abstentions. The 22nd person in the room excused themselves from voting for two reasons - I am not a villager and as the author of the request I may be biased! Members of the Parich Council were adamant that should K7 be run under a new bye law then the village could cope with the high level of interest.

The BBP were asked to speak with any of the public audience immediately after the matter was discussed in a side room put aside for use and three people took up that offer to chat with Novie and myself. The person asking the most questions (that mostly related to the operation of the boat) did not stay to talk to us.

The next meeting is with the Stakeholders - groups who are usually asked about the use of the lake - and this one too is intended to be a discussion between the groups (with an independant Chairperson) and not a Q&A session with the BBP. However Bill will be allowed to make opening remarks and the BBP will be allowed to correct any factual inaccuracies that may be stated during the discussions.

The consultation finishes on 31/03 and once the officers have the results of the consultation and a full analysis, the outcome will be put to the LDNPA full committee on 20th May.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Another splendid piece of work by the op's department. Thanks guys.

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

yes! hats off to the people at the sharp end :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

watch that swarf mike, its sharp!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It wasn't so much swarf today as wall to wall chocolate sauce! Never seen so much of the damn stuff.