Bye Law Amendment for K7

Renegadenemo

Re: Bye Law Amendment for K7

Post by Renegadenemo »

All those lovely bits will look great once someone cleans all the excess choccie sause off 'em.

Truth be told, though, the F-19 bulkhead at the front step beneath the hull is now permanently riveted into position. It has to keep the water out and is the only bulkhead that passes from the inside to the outside of the boat. Hence the liberal application of sealant. Marvellous!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

What readers will see is mutual admiration (or perhaps mutual tolerence - you make up your own minds LOL) between the different 'departments' of the BBP.

Why?, because if the project engineering team does not get every recovered part right there would not be a boat to trial equally if Operations cannot convince the hearts and minds of those in charge of bye laws there would not be the opportunity to trial in the rightful place.

I am too far away to contribute to adding this sealent 'choccie sauce' to any bits of straightened metal but until the parts are reassembled all plans and arrangements for lowering K7 into the water are just writings on paper, but I can do that from here on the PC.

Reminder:
If anyone coming to the forum has not sent the details of the consultation to their friends or to groups that they know will be of a mind to support the bye law change, then there is still time - Ten (10) days and counting down.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's certainly admiration from over here. I can't play the piano but I'm full of admiration for those who can. Likewise, I'm well known for not being good at bureaucracy, which is an artform in itself.

We divided the project once before. When the lottery flops got nervous about the dodgy marriage of museum conservators and tin-bashers we offered a divorce. The tin-bashers would run a tin-bashing project whilst the museum folks built a museum. That seems to have worked and so we've split again so the protagonists can play to their individual strengths. We now have tin-bashers and ops' dept. Each one being as vital as the other, as Malcolm said, to achieving the final outcome. And let's not forget the museum. Their work is almost done then they get the long haul because imagine the outcry if a retired member of the tin-bashing team goes to visit and finds dust or fingerprints on our baby!

thewrightstuff

Post by thewrightstuff »

“We’re no strangers to running plan-B,” I offered.” He was audibly surprised. He’d not considered that applying to run on Coniston Water was merely our ‘gold medal position’ and other arrangements were in the pipeline just in case. I mean, hopefully K7 will run there but if all goes pear-shaped we may end up on the phone to the Dumbelyung Park Authority for permission to run in Australia.

I understand at the recent Parish Council meeting the Chairman of the Parish Council stated “Coniston own the boat and it will not go to Australia “. Does this 100% rule out Australia as a “Plan B”
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Never say never... It's unlikely but it could be done.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Just in case you have not put forward your views to the LDNPA - you have 24 hours or less to do so before the end of the consultation. If you are reading this on the 1st April you are too late.

In late May the BBP may get to hear the decision of the LDNPA on the bye law change (or not perhaps).

No project can standstill until decisions are taken if we are to be ready with the operations plan when the big blue boat is back together, so we will be working on the A Plan for Coniston Water in 2010.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations