Search found 4710 matches

by Renegadenemo
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:12 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Technical Talk
Replies: 1052
Views: 223306

Re: Technical Talk

Fab little doco / interview here with the genius behind the Orph', amongst his many other achievements. Not to be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by4lH2whhjk
by Renegadenemo
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

In fairness to all there actually isn't a row. We've put the teddy together again (I like that analogy) and want to access to our hard work but no one has drawn battle lines or dug trenches. We've not even sent our draft proposals over to the museum yet where, you never know, they might just say, ye...
by Renegadenemo
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

I keep my fingers crossed that a compromise will be found. There's no doubt about that. It's just the latest instance of having to overcome the old inertia via apathy thing. The irritating thrush-like, 'can't be done' condition flaring up again. Too much work and effort to push to the next level bu...
by Renegadenemo
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:34 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Right now it seams as if the other side just has no understanding for what great deal you are offering them. Two problems there. Yes - they have no clue as to what has been done and what they stand to gain nor how appreciative they ought to be to the dedicated team who have done this for them. Then...
by Renegadenemo
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:24 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

If I was offered that deal, I would bite the BBP's hands off. It is a complete and utter no brainer. Of course it is, especially when they can roll into the deal that they have to accompany us to wherever we go with their merch and promotional machinery to swell the coffers and raise awareness of t...
by Renegadenemo
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:56 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

It's all very simple. The museum owns half and we own the other half so we give them 80% of the year to display her and we take her on tour for the other 20%. Now all they have to do is agree to agree, sign the contracts and everyone wins. Or she could be wheeled in there, the doors closed behind he...
by Renegadenemo
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 pm
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Sadly, it's not about arguing, it's the regrettable task of having to keep putting the truth out there because if you don't people either make it up or assume you have something to hide, or both. You only have to look at what keeps happening to Nigel. I'd rather be called a t**t today and let time b...
by Renegadenemo
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Best I do a thorough job with this... I don't doubt for one moment that those closely involved with the Bluebird Project have done what they have with the very best intentions, however I also sincerely believe that most of those really closely involved seem to have developed some sort of collective ...
by Renegadenemo
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:33 am
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

ITV Granada News has just reported on bluebirds return to Coniston in 2019. Showed Donalds accident and stated bluebird had since been restored by his son :roll: Now that did make me laugh because I call Gina 'Mum' and she often replies with 'Son' so has someone been listening in and taken it liter...
by Renegadenemo
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:45 pm
Forum: Bluebird Rebuild
Topic: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row
Replies: 255
Views: 32971

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Thanks, Rich, but I reckon the Christmas Lights Committee have this. That said, if you look at the item above the light shortage in the same minutes it seems there's a horticultural issue. A planter at Little Moss Close needs some attention as there is a large fern growing in it. Was thinking we cou...