Bluebird & Other Scale Models

RichM

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by RichM »

You’ve got more patience than me with all that PE - I’d have screwed it all up in frustration by now :lol:

Here’s my latest project - I’ve converted crusader to jet power, just need to try it out now.

This one’s still work in progress...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Here’s my latest project - I’ve converted crusader to jet power, just need to try it out now.
Let us know if you need a support boat and divers- I'm sure Rich would enjoy bagging up bits of broken Crusader for you. :lol:

Liking the little engines too - where do you get those?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Was going to ask about the engines Rich. 3D printed or cast ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
RichM

Post by RichM »

Not sure how many broken bits of crusader there’ll be - I’m half expecting it to burst into flames first :lol:

The engines were made by Fred Harris (Replicast Record Models) about 20 years ago - he made three large scale ME2s - one for Kevin Desmond, one for a cafe in Detroit, another for an anonymous collector, and Ernie made his own from Fred’s moulds.
This was a spare set of castings and mouldings by Fred - the engines are just resin cast from moulds :D
Richie

Post by Richie »

The moulds are clearly of good quality !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
RichM

Post by RichM »

First test of Miss England today on the baby battery - happy with the results :D

https://youtu.be/3ZQAvJd86yw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Hannarack

Post by Mr Hannarack »

She looks great Rich. Up onto the step very smoothly and she glides across the surface. Very promising.

Top job.

Paul
RichM

Post by RichM »

Cheers Paul - I’ll try and upload today’s video with the bigger battery fitted...
RichM

Post by RichM »

polo

Post by polo »

RIP John May. I am sorry to report the death of modeller supreme John May 90yrs. He sadly passed away in July 2020.
I had corresponded with John over many years and we had become good friends. As a result I received and was allowed to take photos of some of his models. On page 80 of this thread Black Knight posted photos of his one eight scale Crusader. John always requested that I not post any photos of his models. I do not know why, but I hope he forgives me as I believe he was in a class of his own [I'm biased!] and I hope you will agree with me and pay homage to his skills. I have some 30 photos of his Crusader build and others of other models. He also designed model boats and with 'Jet Black' [I have the drawings !] a 'reverse 3'using 67 motor, the boat managed to set a model speed record of 115mph. The boat later set a world High jump record when it flipped! I will attach a few photos, if you want to see more please ask and I would honoured to show off the skills of this man. I attach photos of John and Crusader. Also the ghost engine.