Bluebird & Other Scale Models

RichM

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by RichM »

That’ll look the muts nuts with the wooden deck - no cheap but definitely worth it!

I’ve been having a bit of a play with getting this thing to work - got it somewhere near now :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RichM

Post by RichM »

Here’s something a little different from me - in an attempt to make something a bit more exciting in the future, I’ve been converting an old Speedline 1/20th CN7 to radio control. Fully independent suspension and four wheel drive - videos to follow :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

But can it do 400mph?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am But can it do 400mph?
Do you mean 400mph Actual, or 400mph scale speed?

If scale speed, that would be an easier goal to reach ;) LOL
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
RichM

Post by RichM »

400mph is possible, if that’s meters per hour :lol:
An interesting note, not sure on how true it is, but in order to work out a true ‘scale speed’, you multiply the actual model speed by the square root of the scale - eg, my 1/12 scale K7 has been GPS measured at 53mph - a scale speed of only 183.6mph...
On a side note, keep your eyes peeled for this months model boats magazine - there’re two familiar faces on the cover holding a familiar boat
Rich
Richie

Post by Richie »

Well the photo etch and wooden decks arrived from the other side of the globe, what a PITA it has been to get the decks down, nevertheless HMS Hood has her teak decks and brass screws fitted now.
6E3A2A26-D03C-4C33-98F1-D4749538D59C.jpeg
BB5EB091-A235-4F8E-8612-9D6CD7A3FF47.jpeg
I am awaiting a reply from AK Interactive paints regarding their new mix paints (which shoot far better than the first gen stuff) unfortunately they changed all the codings so I need the same pigment in current generation as I did with the first gen...if that makes any sense at all ? Admiralty 507A dark grey !

I have gone through all the PE which is stunning, I just need to organise it into bags for parts of the ship, turrets, decks, superstructure etc etc etc.

There is at least six months work of PE if I use it all (which I would like to do)

Having fun, between 1:1 tanks and 1:200 battleships
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

You can tell those decks and etched parts are from the other side of the world. It’s turned Hood upside down 😄
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Post by Richie »

I refuse to mess on, on account that the web server likes to turn iPhone images upside down when uploaded.

You guys will just have to deal with it alas
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

It only seems to be the preview on the main page. If you click on the preview for the full sized view, it loads the right way up. Rather strange... :shock:
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Richie

Post by Richie »

Well, at home self isolating as a work colleague contracted the virus from one of our many customers, track and trace highlighted myself and another were at immediate risk.

The home time has not been without its benefits, between sorting numerous matters out on the laptop I have been watching my eldest son progress the HMS hood kit.

I have never seen so much photo etch in my life, but it is highly rewarding watching components taking shape...I particularly like the stairs !!
AA15E78A-E8B4-43F5-9C5B-09134CCF4C7C.jpeg
4E4BD301-A684-446B-A08D-AE9D29B3C29C.jpeg

The detail is unreal, this assembly is made from nine separate components....then is inserted into one of the funnels !
FB60513D-58EA-48C3-ADE7-1651F907DA27.jpeg