The Bloodhound SSC/Thrust/Noble Thread

lsrdatabase

Re: Off Topic- Richard Noble/Bloodhound SSC

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,

If you had been at the BH SSC presentation on Sunday, held at the Coventry Motor Museum I think you would all be thinking as I do, that it's got to be JOR. Daniel their Rocket Man, gave all the various reasons for each. Then he expained how their thinking had changed as the weight distribution altered with the weight of the Rocket increased.

Wait and see folks, they know what their doing!

Regards to all, Fred

I'm just a pest, that won.t go away!
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Breaking news on the Bloodhound SSC website...The full sized rocket motor performed perfectly durring tests on Saturday 17th October in the Mojavi Dessert! Come on the Bloodhound! And, sorry that this is off topic too, but congratulations to Jenson Button after yesterdays performance in Brazil :D :D :D Chris
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Havent seen which way around they are being mounted, but I think the hot end will be pointing towards the back of the car...! HeHe :lol: :lol:

Good on Jenson, he drove like a demon yesterday. What a great feeling watching the Brawn 'underdogs' achieve what they did yesterday. I think DC will be looking down with an approving smile and a wink - "Large brandy waiting for you at the bar old boy..." Chris
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

My undertsanding is that Bloodhound will follow Richard Brown & Sammy Miller and go to jet over rocket in the finalised design.

Having seen the rocket firing how would you like to manhandle the 'spent' casing after a run, from the top of the chassis over a very warm jet engine?

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Pah! It's only a horizontal firework. Did you know that Virgin Galactic are only about eight weeks from unveiling their spaceship? Now that's proper boys-own adventure stuff.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Re: Noble/Bloodhound SSC/Rocket Science

Post by jonwrightk7 »

blimey! thats going to launch him at the horizon in a rather big way me thinks!!! :shock:
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,

Having just returned from Beaulieu, where this evening Richard gave the latest of his ‘TALKS’ on the L.S.R. I can now confirm what I suggested some time ago that, ‘BloodhoundSSC will have the Rocket BELOW the Jet engine.

Due to the increase of weight during the development of the Rocket, it now makes better sense to reverse the design, and put the Rocket below the Jet engine. This keeps the C.O.G. as low as possible.

Regards, to all, Fred

I'm just the pest, that won't go away!
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

That thing sure looks scary! Would be great if North American Eagle broke the SSC record first and then Bloodhound topped it, to add some variety.

I guess it must be a similar situation to the existing Water Speed Record, it would be great if someone, anyone! gets to break it before Ken and son take it back across the Pond! Chris
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

'citing stuff that! The cockpit looks pretty cool too. Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It looks absolutely amazing and the best bit is that it's called the Bloodhound 'Diary' and not 'blog', which we all know is not a word in the English language.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.