What have forum members been up to?

Jordangbr

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by Jordangbr »

Building a reclaimed brick path (I’ve never built one before) and refitting my keelboat
E0D7D6F3-6FCB-4910-A147-366411BF3481.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Looking good Jordan !

Today’s exploits included nuts and bolts on the carrier and coral fragging this afternoon.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush »

Been working from the kitchen now since mid March....more cycling, more gardening and at least in last 2 weeks a little bit more Motorcycling too...will be good to meet you all soon
"Turned Out Nice Again!"
""There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one."
Motorbikes, Big Blue "Boats", 1/2 Scale Wooden Silver Boats.... and Craft Ales (but not all at the same time)...
Canopener Al

Post by Canopener Al »

Sorry, not been looking at the Forum this year at all. Too busy at the beginning looking for work as my base at Norwich was closing at the end of March. Loads of interviews and a job offer with BACF at LCY that I did all the pre employments, contracts signed and ready to go.. Covid shot that down. Was also busy getting this ready to do this. That we did before the Lock Down on the 15th of March. The Cat got upto 125 knts.. She would have wanted to take off at the weight she is if our tame Jag Mate had wanted to pull back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awlav1MGzxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAOLtkis0eM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPxZeB040Uc

Lock down has found me furloughed and doing the jobs I have been putting off to work on XX741.

However.... I still am employed at Loganair. I have been pencilled in to be based at Newcastle next month.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If you're in Newcastle you must visit.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush »

Enjoyed those videos - great to see machines run as intended, even if limited to start ups or runway!
"Turned Out Nice Again!"
""There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one."
Motorbikes, Big Blue "Boats", 1/2 Scale Wooden Silver Boats.... and Craft Ales (but not all at the same time)...
Richie

Post by Richie »

Long day today antifouling the yacht, she was lifted out for her survey and to replace rotten keel bolts ! All done now though and ready to start racing again, for what’s left of the season..

At least my current clothes won’t get any marine growth on them now :D
524293D2-037D-4877-9E19-B20F1501F6E6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

I've started collecting the old Tri-Ang double-ended diesel locomotives (or R159's if you want to be technical). So far I have managed to collect ten examples from when they first came onto the market in 1958, right up until they were discontinued in 1977. Some need a bit of work, but they should come up alright once paint touch-ups and electrical repairs have been carried out. Of course, it's winter here at the moment, so the painting will have to wait for the warmer months.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I've spent lock-down turning my old turkey shed into a pub at the bottom of the garden. It was absolutely rotten, full of holes and close to blowing over in the next breeze so I was about to rip it out by the roots and buy a new one but I reckoned that with a couple of lengths of 2x2 it would do for one more season and that's where the trouble started. I'll post a few pics once it's done.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Turkey shed, eh? You could call your pub "The Gobble Inn".

...I'll show myself out.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."