Bluebird Project You Tube Channel & Vimeo

Renegadenemo

Re: Bluebird Project You Tube Channel

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:33 pm

cannot believe someone was down there without any gloves on !!!
That'd be my old diving buddy, Cairnsy. Dived with him for 12 years and he was as happy with or without gloves anywhere in the world, even in the arctic. He couldn't swim a stroke without his diving gear either.

On that dive, when I wiped the side of the fin, I came out of the water literally sobbing with the pain in my frozen fingers!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Clicks on "Like".

Oops, wrong medium!

Phil

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Clicks on "Like".
That's Facebollocks, isn't it? Is there another button for don't like?

Just wondering... the little video is great.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

sbt

Post by sbt » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:
Clicks on "Like".
That's Facebollocks, isn't it? Is there another button for don't like?
This is the great Farcebrick dilemma - what to do when you like the fact that someone has posted information about something you absolutely hate. Or someone posts information that someone you respect greatly has shuffled off the mortal coil?

If there was a 'don't like' which do you pick?

First (Virtual) world problems, don'tcha just luv em?

Love the video, but longing for the point at which the turny bit at the front waggles the wobbly bit at the back by way of improbable cranky stuff.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 am

Love the video, but longing for the point at which the turny bit at the front waggles the wobbly bit at the back by way of improbable cranky stuff.
You and us both! We all love the 'coming to life' episodes. I got goosebumps the day we finally persuaded the start valve to fire, or when I emptied the kitchen sink with the rebuilt bilge-pump, which in no way has had its electric motor modified to use brushes from a Chrysler Jeep rear wiper motor, oh no.
There's now nothing to stop us connecting the turny bit to the wobbly bit but mocking it up for the sake of seeing movement at the blunt end would not be best use of our already limited time. After all, we know it would work. Better that we now work on designing and building the parts that will go into the finished boat. In fact we got away lightly with the development - we only had two iterations of the improbable cranky stuff. One of scrap and tin, the other based on a Megane water pump and now we're close enough to make the jump to the finished parts.
There'll be some serious drama once the sponsons are ready to go too - the boat is coming down off her jig for spars, sponsons, engine, hyd-system, electrics, you name it. There'll be heaps of visual progress and everyone will say wow without ever appreciating the slog needed to bring all the bits to good order and ready to bolt on. Never mind, such is the way of things but we'll be thrilled.

Richie

Post by Richie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 am

skinning the sponsons will be bitter sweet for me.... it will signify the end of a very long and hard road..... but folk will see them and have no clue as to what was involved in their construction
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Renegadenemo wrote: - we only had two iterations of the improbable cranky stuff. One of scrap and tin, the other based on a Megane water pump and now we're close enough to make the jump to the finished parts.
Do the finished parts incorporate a genuine 1950's Morris J water pump by any chance? ;)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Do the finished parts incorporate a genuine 1950's Morris J water pump by any chance?
If you can find one - the steering box was difficult enough!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:15 pm

What Mike isn't showing is that he did a hilarious version of that with Bob Geldof's voice expertly dubbed over the top. Go on, Mike, upload that version for a laugh.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

today's video is fine on PCs but squashed for those that insist on viewing these things on tiny hand held screens
Let me guess... the Podeye brigade?