Pic of the Day

Terminator

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Terminator »

Hi Mike I can hear the violins mate :lol: but seriously now you know what its like to work alone in the other room on your todd, mind you it can be quite good for the concentration especially whilst working on those extremely important but also magnificent air intakes.A sight to behold as you enter the room I might add. After all they are effectively the lungs of the machine and vitally important that you get them right :D A credit to you and Bill, Mike as I know it has been a long hard road to bring them back to being fit for purpose.
Top Job Gentlemen. ;)

Novie
I've Gone
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Novie, I used to work alone in that room too, could listen to ball chasing all day without a single moan from the rest of the team.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

A credit to you and Bill, Mike as I know it has been a long hard road to bring them back to being fit for purpose.
Top Job Gentlemen.
Very kind of you to say so, Novie. I seriously reckon that the intake represents about a third of the total amount of effort on the whole machine considering that it has about a zillion parts yet you can pick it up with one hand - oh, and that at least half of it has been in a crash.
Credit, though, must go to all on the team because every last one of us has had a hand in building the roughed out parts into a big chunk of boat. If I have a complaint it's that Mike insists on using rivets normally reserved for the Typhoon Eurofighter that cost more then buying the moon but in the long term that can't be a bad thing.
Novie, I used to work alone in that room too, could listen to ball chasing all day without a single moan from the rest of the team.
Not quite the case... we couldn't hear the ball chasing and you couldn't hear us moaning about it. And then we bought you some ear defenders with a radio inside so the sound of grown youths running hither and thither after a bag of wind was yours and yours alone. See how we look after you. :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

Wings were held on with shear ties and tension bolts-only rivets used on the wing structures were internal stringers and some skin panels :P
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
klingon

Post by klingon »

Type 3 moment-punched myself in the face-better now-- :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Richie

Post by Richie »

POTD:

for some reason the first thing that came to my brain was "There's an AL in there"
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

As usual Alain on his arse in the boat on the block top Man Al .I hope John was having more joy on that dam countersinking nightmare widget thing. I had trouble with it the other week as did Bill , bloody thing. Good to see Helen in the workshop Mike ain't seen her in a while. All about team work and I think they are more or less rivet's in that cover Mike :lol: :lol:

Novie
P.ss on the clutch!
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Excellent pic of the day, Mr. Doddy Dodds giving the engine the once over. Had to remove his tools away from him though as we didn't want him tin bashing that exquisite piece of machinery now did we :D

Taxi for Mr. Dodds? :)
Novie
"I've gone"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Now I know what the P in BBP stands for 'prison'! :lol: Those bars and windows got some serious bars going on there, is it to keep the team in or the HLF mogwhoppits out?

Chris
twhite

Post by twhite »

Can't wait to see the Orph' running with the original fuel system! :D