Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Renegadenemo »

We love our girls to bits really and they're top class riveters too but I told them I was going to add a really sexist comment as I took that pic then ducked out of the way. Even for bendy girls it takes some getting out of the boat to slap one of their male counterparts so I was long gone...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
tas

Post by tas »

The air intakes on today's POTD -Wow!

Also notice the tail fin back on 8-)
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We've temporarily got a lot of the boat assembled at the moment
Yeah - because we're potless, so we've sold a photo opportunity to a major newspaper, it's fortuitous that our latest DVD is only days away and the shop is being revamped with lots of new goodies. Let's see if we can finish this thing without going bust. :(

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

pic of the day; WOW!!! you really have to see K7 in the flesh to appreciate the beautiful lines and the sheer hard work put in by the team. i was priviledged to do so a few weeks ago, it really makes a chill run down your spine! excellent work chaps! :D :D :D :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

I never had you figured as a 'pic tease', Mike :lol:
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Richie

Post by Richie »

That reminds me, Mike when are we moving her into the middle of the workshop so we can get the leading edge of her wings sorted out ? sooner we get that done the sooner we can get the under carriage back on ?!
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

The angle of that pic and the state of assembly has reminded me of something I mentioned elsewhere, way back when the project was still in its infancy: With the sponsons and spars removed, the resemblance with K5 is quite uncanny, although probably not too surprising when you consider the connection between the two.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

The current POTD is certainly a very powerful image, it's almost spooky....................
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The current POTD is certainly a very powerful image, it's almost spooky....................
It's nothing like as spooky as actually standing next to it. We were all shocked into silence when the fin went on. Donald showed his approval too by chucking one of my boots off a shelf onto the floor on Saturday morning while we were all standing there. Made a change from spilling the welding rods everywhere or stealing the bottle key from my welding gas.

Richie

Post by Richie »

he made a few team members trousers wet....yes thats right...Donald did it.... :twisted:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."