New Members

tas

Re: New Members

Post by tas »

Saw a surprise article in London Metro today featuring Gina Campbell getting busy with K7s frame.

In the paper there was a good pic showing a model of K7 with Mr Whoppit but in the link below they dont seem to have it.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.htm ... _a_source=
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

hi, hello, bonjour !

i've just watched the excellent footage taken from the Marillion gig ( posted above )of the screens showing Bluebird and Donald which perfectly match the song 'out of this world. Never before have i been so moved by actual footage of Bluebird whilst the song carries the message of what actually happened that day.

This should be a fantastic forum to find out more about Bluebird and Bill and his team...

well done one and all for all your hard work and efforts .... it really is appreciated !

cheers
drew.
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Morning all...

A great idea to have a forum to keep up with all the latest gossip and news.
Gina's rivet got coverage in Metro in London, so more than 750,000 people would have had the opportunity to read the news... Even some of my work mates spotted it... and all at 7 am in the morning, when most sensible people, who don't work in 30 floor office blocks are still asleep...

Neil
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
mrgreedy

Post by mrgreedy »

Hi folks,

I found this website after someone posted on marillion.com. It's great to see the rebuild coming along so well. I've had an interest in Bluebird since I watched an 80s TV film with Anthony Hopkins about Donald Campbell. I was quite young at the time and it certainly left an impression on me.

You guys are doing a fantastic job in the rebuild. I'll be sure to keep a date clear in my diary for the big day :)
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

something tame i'm afraid - How do you get a picture next to your profile when you post on the site ?

once i get this resolved, i'll start on more serious stuff like; Spiders - why so many legs ?

cheers
Many Miles away, there's a shadow on a door, of a cottage on the Shore, of a Dark Scottish Lake.....
alan-g

Post by alan-g »

Have been following the rebuild with great interest for several years.
I am amazed at the patience shown when dealing with 'Officialdom', something I am not renowned for, and astonished at the skill and adaptability of the rebuild team.
I was 26 when the accident happened and can remember the shock at seeing the instant destruction of a man and his machine. I am delighted to see K7 being restored to her former glory. Thanks to Bill and all the team.(Not forgetting all those businesses that have helped).
Alan
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Thanks to Bill and all the team.(Not forgetting all those businesses that have helped).

And thanks to all those people out there who take an interest. This would be a lonely quest without you.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Hi some of you know me so no intro. Hi to all.

BTW If it wasnt for Bill I would not have the big Gas Turbine Model sat on the dinning room table undergoing some minor repairs after Sundays run in the Lakes.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Thanks Mike.
For those that cannot wait until 2010 perhaps the following smaller version running flat out will do.

Youtube. BluebirdK7 Lazenby

BTW Malcolm/Bill If I can help out in 2010 I will. I can turn my hand to pretty much anything (except diving!)
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

hi Ernie, your model of k7 is a credit to you and the you tube video excellent! nice to see your model could do the Donalds "taxiing" just stunning alround
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..