New Members

quicksilver-wsr

Re: New Members

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

The course conditions were very poor that year. I put it down to some sort of black magic. A curse that seemed to hang over the place, frustrating each and every run.

Nigel
d_hipperson

Post by d_hipperson »

I check the Bluebird Project website almost every day for the last 10 years. I am interested due in no small part due to the gravitas with which my father recollects the events of 1967.He remembers the accident very clearly and our mutual interest in your restoration has brought us closer over the years. We look forward to to the runs on Consiston.
To the whole team - your attention to detail is so pleasing. Keep going. Out of interest - Has crowd funding (such as Kickstarter) been investigated/disregarded? Regards - Dan and Bill.
PeteManc

Post by PeteManc »

Hello all! I'm Pete from Manchester, been fascinated by Donald's achievements and Bluebird since about 6 years of age, even though he'd sadly died some 8 years before I was born. My interest was first stirred by a picture strip/article called ''Campbell: Man Of Speed'' in a Joe 90 annual, and after reading it, I immediately set about making a Lego Bluebird! I was a bit too young to understand that he'd had both a Bluebird car and boat though, so my lego model was some strangely morphed K7/CN7 thing. Given the age that I was, my parents looked at my lego model and said; ''That's great, but...how do you know about Donald Campbell?''

Now I'm all grown up (honest!!) I'm currently modifying the Touchwood 1:12 K7 as a static build, which will include scratch building the Orpheus. I'd very much like to pick people's brains on here regarding fine detailing of the model, if I may!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Pete, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find all the detail you want, though you may have to dig through the diary a bit for it!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Lisian_1275

Post by Lisian_1275 »

Hi Guys, would just like to say hi from Australia and thanks for making me a new addition to the Forum.
Will take a while, but I am looking forward to reading all of the threads on this great man, his machines and accomplishments.

Thanks

Ian
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Ian, and welcome. Don't be shy - post away.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

Hi guys. I'm Dean. A local forklift engineer. I got talking to Bill in Betta Blast. Really fascinated in this project, I first seen and heard of the project when I was 9 or 10 when the team pulled the k7 up from the site. If I can help in any shape or form I would be happy. I'm no expert but I'm willing to learn and help any shape or form.
Richie

Post by Richie »

I suddenly feel very old...
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

Sorry haha
Jordangbr

New Members

Post by Jordangbr »

I was just saying the same to thing to Bill. I was 8 years old when Across the Lake was on the tellybox.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!