New Members

Renegadenemo

Re: New Members

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi Dean,

It was a pleasure doing a spot of plant-fitting with you the other morning, been many years since I messed with scruffy machinery. As you can see, they're all crackers in here.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Yeah mate they sound like a good bunch. If your needing a extra hand just give me a shout. Looking forward to coming along. Just give me a message :D

ExcelsiorUK

Post by ExcelsiorUK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

Hello, thanks for letting me in! As I'm sure is true for many others, my association with the Lakes started when it became the family's staple summer holidays location for many years. Up hills, on lakes, reading rings off swans' legs. Decades later I married in the Lakes, and we had part of our reception on SY Gondola on Coniston. We try and visit every time we come across.

I recall the news of Bluebird's recovery but until recently I wasn't aware of the restoration project. So why join now? I shall expand elsewhere if I can find a sensible thread, otherwise I'll start another if that's OK...

Cheers
Andy

Jeff.flindall

Bluebird visit

Post by Jeff.flindall » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am

Hi, I grew up with this story from 4 years old and I’m so pleased that you are breathing life into her.
Is there any chance a friend of mine and I could come and see her?
I realise you’re busy and it’s a workshop but only being 49 mins down the road it’s too close not to if it’s possible?
Regards
Jeff