Richie's Little Tank

mtskull

Re: Richie's Little Tank

Post by mtskull »

Looking back at what you started with, this restoration is a magnificent achievement whatever colour you paint it.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Far to rare ! Unlike carriers which EVERYONE has
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

Class :lol:

The markings for Normandy and 7th armoured division are a nightmare !! I put on the division HQ diamond only to find that the division I was going for don't appear to have used carriers !

Was going to go for 5th Batallion Royal Tank Regiment thinking carriers would have been used as recce vehicles.... Appears they used Dingo's

Last edited by Richie on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Definitely looks better in green. I'd love to get involved again but there's no welding to be done... :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

There is some straightening of crumpled steel (sand guard) and the POW holder needs making....we tried with 16swg last time but it was a wee bit too thick !

Also I need to make an antenna bracket for the side of the hull, and a radio rack / variometer bracket to be made....

Lots of minor fabrication work dude.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Lots of minor fabrication work dude.
You know the drill - bring it over and we'll make stuff...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Mike Bull wrote:Loving the Humbrol! :D

Worlds most expensive paint ! But it works a treat and the colours are perfect, thanks to the attention to detail that modellers possess !
Richie

Post by Richie »

Well stuck in the house so I did some "Mike" work, making up stencils for the div and unit markings !

Found the correct images online then scaled to fit the known sized boxes already painted on the carrier.

Then it was a case of cutting out with a scalpel blade (or a Stanley in my case)

Some slight cleaning up but I am quite happy with it, not quite bullfrog standard...but it'll do !

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

It's nearly impossible to make anything with a Bullfrog factor greater than 0.5 unless you are the man himself :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

Little more done before work... The rodent has been put on hold as it is the wrong version of the rodent... Sigh !

Pretty happy with the stag's head but not 100% on the numbers... It'll do though