Bluebird on BBC World Service

Terminator

Re: Bluebird on BBC World Service

Post by Terminator »

Hi Guys I'm Back :twisted: After a short interlude in personal matters that is. Anyway I've just listened to Bill's piece on the Forum and found it all very interesting and well worth listening to. Its a pity more air time was not given to the subject but on the whole the Posh lady asked all the relevant questions except one. Otherwise I hope she would have handed over a tenner :D some interesting comparisons from three different people to sort of link things being resurrected. Good job Mr. Smith
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
pmc

Post by pmc »

Hey, wait! ...rewind...
What's an example or three of "ideas in the archives that had just been parked" and rediscovered when searching for Bluebird's repair manual?
That sounds like a facet of the story worth some telling.
?!.

Random Lurker
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

What's an example or three of "ideas in the archives that had just been parked" and rediscovered when searching for Bluebird's repair manual?
That sounds like a facet of the story worth some telling.
I'd like to know that myself and one day I might find out but I knew better than to ask at the time. It was a commercially sensitive site with no cameras allowed and don't talk about what you've seen but the engineering going on in there was astounding so whatever was unearthed and put to use must've been good stuff.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
pmc

Post by pmc »

Alas. And appreciation for what they did provide.
In due time perhaps someone could be persuaded to disclose a commercially harmless morsel to illustrate the BBP Grand Retrospective.
To show how the project, beyond recovering a lost artifact of the past, also prompted recovery & present application of before-their-time engineering ideas.