meet up in coniston

klingon

Re: meet up in coniston

Post by klingon »

bluebirdsback wrote:Is this a caravan club only site or is it open to all us annoying people dragging a tin house behind our cars?
Think it's a "cl" site which means it's open to Joe Public as well-very near Bluebird Cafe-bit dodgy getting in if you have a monster van(wouldn't even try my motorhome there-39 feet long!) but usual Caravan Club standard and prices-there are tent pitches too on site for the really hardy types.Phone them to check on 01539 441555-
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Thanks for that, only have a 12 foot 2 berth, its wheels havn't turned in 4 years since i joined the project so would love to get the old girl rolling again. might need a touch of oil on the brakes though.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Oh no - this means we're going to have bits of caravan all over the workshop in varying stages of refurbishment. K7 has a chance to be unveiled sporting a beer fridge and a portaloo.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:Oh no - this means we're going to have bits of caravan all over the workshop in varying stages of refurbishment. K7 has a chance to be unveiled sporting a beer fridge and a portaloo.
The portaloo will come in handy for the lucky guy who does the first run! :P
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Thanks for the offer Bill mate I might just take you up on that as my knowledge of braking systems is just above zero.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

P.S Your welcome to fit the chemical loo to the boat along by the ashtray, but the beer fridge??????????????????????????
Razor

Post by Razor »

graham wrote:ok this one is off but I would like to organize one that the most of us who would like to go can if those who would like to come to a meet up please pm me and I will set the date as best I can to accommodate everyone with the best date and get the hotels booked am looking at july 4 weekend I know the lakes well so the b/b hotel may not be in Coniston but close by some like me don’t drink so can drive others back to hotel
or maybe a camp site ?
Can't make that weekend. :( :(
Razor

Post by Razor »

Hey guy's, I've been in touch with Graham and he is waiting for people to hit him with dates ( chronological.....not the fruit type.....mind you he has some strange fetishes!! :lol: ) How about sometime around the end of August.....probably most of us will have had our holiday by then.
klingon

Post by klingon »

August ok by me-personally I prefer figs----
DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

Well, I'm going up there tomorrow night and should be there most of the day on Wednesday so if anyone's around ?