Prints for sale

Healey nut

Prints for sale

Post by Healey nut » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi all.
Ive been perusing and I am quite taken by the prints of Bluebird for sale but theres no information as to the size of the prints .
Also how would you handle shipping them to me in Canada .
Help appreciated .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:

Renegadenemo

Re: Prints for sale

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:52 am

Hi there, shipping to Canada is no problem. We ship worldwide on a regular basis. Which prints are you interested in? They're all shapes and sizes.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 am

Hi, May I enquire as to which prints you are referring to. I myself produce a booklet (The Research & Development of Donald Campbell's K7 Bluebird.) and a larger volume (Rainbow Coloured) the complete story of the K7 Bluebird. Both include many line drawings and sketches. All of which are available on a C.D.
Good luck, Fred Blois
P.S. I might add that may plans were permitted for sale by Ken Norris, himself who also wrote a foreword to the Res * Dev booklet.

Links Removed (Webmaster)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 am

Even that drawing has got the air intakes totally wrong, LOL!
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

wbjohn

Post by wbjohn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:10 am

unbelievable, touting wares on a not for profit web site.......

Richie

Post by Richie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:14 am

Healey,

I have purchased a number of prints through the bluebird project shop in support of the project, the quality is fantastic, I have mine framed. I know a few of us have them
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Healey nut

Post by Healey nut » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 pm

The prints that caught my eye the most were
Shes tramping
Bluebird at speed
Ready to go .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

All great choices !

I have bluebird at speed and Full Power, the latter is not a Pittaway though.
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 am

Bluebird at Speed, Ready to Go and She's Tramping are by Keith Hick, all amazing pieces and reproduced for us to an incredible standard by Metro Imaging in London. One of Metro's founder members, Chris Jackson, later to lose a cruel battle against a rare form of cancer in 2012, pledged to help the project by reproducing Keith's work for us FOC and the company carries on his legacy to this day thus ensuring that the money from every print goes straight into the boat. It was a generous gesture at the time when we had nothing and people were looking at our pile of bits as we promised to make them into a boat with more than a little scepticism - but to have it honoured six years later is outstanding.
The prints are big - the size of one of those free calendars your suppliers leave at Christmas with pic's of Britain's finest viaducts or sunsets over God knows where. They're also printed on paper as thick as carpet and we'll sign them for you too if you like.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 am

We've done this before and of course taste in art is a very personal thing, but for me its Arthur's 'Full Power', every time- it has a technical accuracy that pretty much no other interpretation comes close to, yet also the artistic license of the exaggerated perspective giving the illusion of speed; as a painting of K7, I think it's without equal.
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'