Isle of Bute

Mike Bull

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 am

I've touched on this before- it's a bit newfangled to me but while we're on site we plan to update folk as much as possible using our Twitter account- @bluebirdk7 -so if you're stood around the Loch wondering what's going on, that will be the place to look. We're using the hashtag 'bluebirdonbute'.

https://twitter.com/bluebirdk7

The_Prof

Post by The_Prof » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Well, that last video with the engine firing up at the end was so exciting - immediate donation triggered from that alone.

I've booked a few days on Bute (11-15th) to hang around, chill out, ride my bike and see what there is to see on Bluebird, so if there's any manpower needed fetching and carrying, making tea, general dogsbody - please put me down to help as it would be a privilege to be involved in some way.

can't wait to see her on the water and say hello to the team.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 am

Out of respect to the Bute community and the MacPhail family some of us will arrive on-island wearing pink so should anyone wish to join us please feel free.

Bill Smith.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

mickday

Post by mickday » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Does anyone want two tickets to Bute Highland games on Saturday 11th, where Bluebird will also be exhibited on that day?

I bought four as I had expected some friends to be joining me when I come up, but they have had to call off the trip due to family illness so I only need two now.

They cost me £10 each, but if someone wants them they can have them for free and they can make a donation into the BBP

ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm

We are looking forward to seeing you all again on 5th (driving up) or 6th August - can't wait to visit Bute and to see the fruits of your labours again.

We are staying near to the ferry/harbour - any recommendations for places to eat or drink of an evening?

From your previous visits do you have any recommendations for getting to lakeside - walk along from Rothesay or park somewhere near the Fishery?

If we don't bring the bikes, we will have a little space in the car from Shields if you need anything bringing if you find you have forgotten anything - just let me know by message.
Engineer and Enthusiast
Motorbikes and Craft Ales (but not at the same time)

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:21 am

ThornyBush wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm
recommendations for getting to lakeside - walk along from Rothesay or park somewhere near the Fishery?
If you like a good walk then striding up from Rothesay might be good (not for me though it is uphill). The Fishery will be restricted to team vehicles, safety, divers etc. Oh ...… and a certain blue boat. On the dates you give, drive up from Rothesay on the B881 to the Joint Academy at Townhead where parking is available. Then walk down the track that leads to Loch Fad.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:08 pm

We've started a little 'Go Fund Me' page to help keep the Project coffers topped up when we head to Bute. It's an expensive business this and not everything can be done through sponsorship, so if you fancy helping us out at all, even just to the tune of the cost of a brew and butty, it would be very much appreciated by a very hard working bunch of guys and gals. Thank you!

https://www.gofundme.com/bluebird-to-bute

8-)

ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks for the tips ref walking/parking.

Good to see the team at work again this afternoon, we felt very honored to have the chance to give a hand pushing/shoving to get things parked up safely.

Look forward to seeing you all up on Bute soon - I'll get a round of beers in for you all!
Engineer and Enthusiast
Motorbikes and Craft Ales (but not at the same time)

Billyblue

Post by Billyblue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Hello guys, looking forward to seeing the K7 on the Fad next week. Can you confirm what day and ferry time she will be travelling on from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay? I stay close by and just wanted to head down for a look before she travels across the Clyde. Ta👍🇬🇧

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Billyblue wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 pm
Can you confirm what day and ferry time she will be travelling on from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay?
I see the crew are very busy as normal, hence a delayed response Billyblue. Friday 3rd August. Bluebird K7 is scheduled to be on the 17.45 departure so as to arrive on the Isle of Bute at 18.20, where she will be piped ashore.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England