Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Healey nut

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Healey nut »

This whole thread has turned to nothing more than a pantomime with a headless horse ,Or possibly a facebollocks rant (as Bill calls it) .
Can we actually all come back to reality here and I will ask one question .
Is K7 going to run somewhere on water in 2019 and when ?

And to be clear I don't give a flying frog fart as to who owns the boat . I just want to see her run like many many others .
I was only 4yrs old in 67 but have been a speed follower for I cant remember how long .
Can we please please please let this petty argument die .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Richie

Post by Richie »

I wish it would......

I hope we are running this year, I have booked time off work
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

No more posts from dad on this particular thread now me thinks .. ill see if he will build a turbine quicksilver model to see if its works. Ian lazenby
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Tell him l have many drawings and a very good cast resin model for reference. I love that 4 pointer design.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

In my opinion I cannot see how the 10 trustees of the Ruskin could let "the old girl" sit idle for ever.
If they did, unfortunately, I feel, no matter what we think, interest will wain over the years.
However, given 3 months a year, to "perform" "function" "display", or whatever you would like to call it, that would generate a great deal of publicity each & every year, assuring a constant flow of folks to Coniston & the museum for the remaining 9 months.
Surely it's a win - win situation?
And surely it's in everyones interest to get this (ownership/display terms & times etc.) sorted out ASAP.

Having said that, didn't someone (perhaps!) once say " any publicity is good publicity"!
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

My son misunderstood what I said. I will continue to post on this thread. He and I disagree about K7 but that's okay. Others must however refrain from trying to play him against me. Enough said on that.

To lighten up a little and to introduce references to chess as started by Richie;

There is a widely used defence for players with the black pieces, its called the 'Berlin Wall'. Black sets up a position and then says okay you try and break me down. At high level chess the game usually ends up a draw! No winner. H'mm sound familiar? but which side has the black pieces? ;) :D

The style of play I was famous for, although these days I am much more conservative in my play, was using speculative combinational tactics. Direct to the point trying to deliver the knockout blow. Maybe I need to be equally conservative on here? perhaps not you would not expect it of me however out of respect to the sensitivities of the volunteers I will tone it down a bit and won't labour the points I have made many times over. Lets see what happens next then I will comment again.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Never mind the chess Ernie ...
Maybe this question has been posted and answered before but I will ask it again anyway .
Irrespective of who owns what parts of K7 .
What is it about the restoration and running of K7 that you find so distasteful and why are you so against seeing her run on whatever body of water ?
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Healey nut wrote. What is it about the restoration and running of K7 that you find so distasteful

Read back in this thread, its all there I am not going to repeat it :) Don't think you will find anything to justify the last word you wrote. :roll:
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

I love Bluebird- all types of Bluebird especially Echeveria 'Bluebird' from my collection of rare succulents ( I know, another anorak hobby :) )
Just trying to input a little less intensity.
DSCN6414.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ernie Lazenby on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Water ?????
So you just dont like K7 getting wet ?