Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Renegadenemo

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Renegadenemo »

Well done, Novie. We all know how much you did for Gina and DMC's cause over the years and from what I know and what has been said I think people ought to appreciate that you have been extremely diplomatic and have held a great deal back thus far - perhaps there's more.
To publish private messages proves I feel how a person has for some reason changed from that of a once loyal caring friend into the person they have now become!
We all know the reason(s), it's a no-brainer...

Onwards and upwards, buddy- you know who your real mates are.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

I have to say I'm pretty gobsmacked, would never have believed it could have come to this!
Anyway, good luck all at BBP & Novie, I'm sure our paths will cross again, somewhere, sometime!

BTW Amazing how quiet other parts of "Soshul Meeja" are at the moment, compared to the beginning of the year,
it seemed that anybody (usually a name involving a lot of seemingly random numbers!) & everybody was having a pop at you lot!
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
Corp

Post by Corp »

Novie , youve done the project and DMC proud !

I still remember the Northern Echo calling my Dad to ask his permission for you to contact him !! The years passed by but you always called my Dad always sent a card , always polite , always made the effort to call ! A true friend to my Dad ..... its sad its come to this !!
Last edited by Corp on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey"

"Its nice to be important but more important to be nice "
StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

I have known Novie for the best part of 20 years and seen some of his up and downs, but one thing I can say is he an honest, hardworking, dedicated man. On the occasions of both our daughter's births he bought them blankets embroidered with their names. He consistently put everyone before himself for the benefit of others and the project.... many could learn from this hero.

Well done Novie, very brave of you, I applaud you! Much love x
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
Richie

Post by Richie »

Sorry you have been dragged into this mess Novie, I know you often said you wished to stay clear of the politics and were here to preserve Donald’s memory. Period.

But as you say, it seems your hand has been forced, like most of ours have, I myself was only interested in fixing an iconic craft to preserve the memory of a great man and now here we are :cry:

I truly hope Gina picks up the phone or drops you an email to try and rebuild your relationship, you guys have been two peas in a pod for so long it just seems nuts not to !?

It’s different for the rest of us, Bill’s default setting is uber grupen overlord.... and the rest of us were just faces in a crowd / “henchmen” or “cronies”to her, I prefer the former so if Brian et al can refer to me as such, I think it would make for some sharp banter.

Gina, if you are reading this PLEASE pick up the phone to Novie and repair the damage done, it is an entirely separate matter to this other mess.

You know it makes sense !!
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Gina, if you are reading this PLEASE pick up the phone to Novie and repair the damage done, it is an entirely separate matter to this other mess.

Yes, l'll second that.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

BTW Amazing how quiet other parts of "Soshul Meeja" are at the moment, compared to the beginning of the year,
it seemed that anybody (usually a name involving a lot of seemingly random numbers!) & everybody was having a pop at you lot!
I have very strict rules for myself regarding 'soshul meeja'. I basically have as little to do with it as possible.

I've never had a Facebook account, for example, and the only forum I use is ours, though I've given up trying to be a moderator because I just leave havoc in my wake. I can get by on Twitter and quite enjoy that because it's all little messages you can do on the fly and I seem to have an Instagram account in my phone that my eldest daughter set up but I don't know how that works either!
But occasionally the team will show me bits and bobs from out there in that world (though its often easier not to because I'll just go off on a rant about how crap Twitterface or wherever it came from is) Nor do I have any time for anyone who wants to discuss our differences but won't do it as themselves so all the whining fake profiles and pseudonyms can be disregarded in one fell swoop - they're just pathetic. No problem with discussion but it has to be sensible. So, having filtered all of that out, I have still been shown some snippets these past couple of weeks and I've arrived at a startling conclusion.

It would seem that not having a grasp of who is who, what is what and what's going on requires that you have also failed the Year 6 curriculum!
I've never seen such dreadful spelling, grammar and punctuation. Seems they can't tell the difference between the plural and the possessive, use capital letters where appropriate or commas, full stops and especially apostrophes... these seem to be a total mystery to them. Little wonder they've gone quiet, they've probably used up all the words they can spell. :lol:

sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Yes, l'll second that.
What a complete and utter shame...
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:58 pm
I have very strict rules for myself regarding 'soshul meeja'. I basically have as little to do with it as possible.

I've never had a Facebook account, for example, and the only forum I use is ours, though I've given up trying to be a moderator because I just leave havoc in my wake. I can get by on Twitter and quite enjoy that because it's all little messages you can do on the fly and I seem to have an Instagram account in my phone that my eldest daughter set up but I don't know how that works either!
But occasionally the team will show me bits and bobs from out there in that world (though its often easier not to because I'll just go off on a rant about how crap Twitterface or wherever it came from is) Nor do I have any time for anyone who wants to discuss our differences but won't do it as themselves so all the whining fake profiles and pseudonyms can be disregarded in one fell swoop - they're just pathetic. No problem with discussion but it has to be sensible. So, having filtered all of that out, I have still been shown some snippets these past couple of weeks and I've arrived at a startling conclusion.

It would seem that not having a grasp of who is who, what is what and what's going on requires that you have also failed the Year 6 curriculum!
I've never seen such dreadful spelling, grammar and punctuation. Seems they can't tell the difference between the plural and the possessive, use capital letters where appropriate or commas, full stops and especially apostrophes... these seem to be a total mystery to them. Little wonder they've gone quiet, they've probably used up all the words they can spell. :lol:
Indeed.

I find it rather amusing that when a person's cover is blown, another identity conveniently emerges from the shadows shortly afterwards. The funny thing is they always seem to have matching syntax, and make exactly the same grammatical errors that are common hallmarks of perhaps one or two people. This makes it fairly easy to work out who they are very quickly, as it certainly was with old mate "Badger". They obviously don't have the smarts to know when to stop.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

This makes it fairly easy to work out who they are very quickly, as it certainly was with old mate "Badger". They obviously don't have the smarts to know when to stop.
So far as I'm aware Mr H hasn't tried to post on here for a while. He's a super-easy one to spot so maybe he's realised just how ridiculous he's making himself look and, worse still, how he's making Gina look! I mean, she's always blown like a flag in a gale and we've all just rolled with the punches but with the poor deluded teabag in her ear she's estranged all her friends and that's worthy of note so I wonder how the current chapter in the K7 story will be remembered.