Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

JfromJAGs

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by JfromJAGs »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:27 pm Joerg, you guys know from experience that the BBP crew is perfectly approachable. Come and have a look around, have a natter with everyone, ask your questions, come for a beer later - you've been there. And it doesn't stop there.
Yes, we were treated nicely, be it you or Ted, whom we asked many questions, or anyone else from the BBP team. Like you, I'm a straigth forward guy, so it wasn't difficult to get in contact and have respect.

But very clearly, you are an alpha type personality. Maybe some people can't deal with this? I'm speculating. Is it personality thing?
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm In point of fact the mediator wasn't Gina. It was another individual who asked to remain anonymous. It was a valiant effort but not successful.
Thanks for the clarification, Bill. I retract my earlier statement.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

JfromJAGs wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm
Filtertron wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 am My understanding of the situation is that has been tried already. That mediator was supposed to be Gina Campbell.
Guess that didn't work too well. Which isn't a big surprise as she is way too much involved in the story, so far from beeing neutral.
I don't think it's so much that, it's a case of Gina being emotionally involved. It was her Dad's boat, which...he was killed in. There is no dancing around that fact. I should imagine that she wrestles with the fact that the boat is no longer her's, and that it's now something that strictly in a legal sense no longer concerns her. Then again, maybe not. Perhaps there are other influences at play here regarding her decision to make her statement on 4th of January? No matter which way you slice the orange, she has now picked a side, and very publicly. Personally, I think she lost an awful lot of respect when she made her announcement. She certainly lost mine. She also seems quite happy allowing her current partner to run amok on the internet denigrating the BBP at every opportunity, and also speaking as though he's a trustee of the Ruskin Museum. Then again, perhaps she doesn't know what he's up to. It's not a good look at all for Gina; The Campbell Family Trust, or the Ruskin Museum for that matter by allowing him to continue.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

But very clearly, you are an alpha type personality. Maybe some people can't deal with this? I'm speculating. Is it personality thing?
I guess that would depend on the other personality. Certainly the project has come a very long way in the past 20 years without anything like this but even if there was an issue I'm happy to do the behind the scenes stuff while other team members do the face to face meetings. There's enough of us and the crew are more than capable. Still no valid reason why the phone shouldn't ring.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

She also seems quite happy allowing her current partner to run amok on the internet denigrating the BBP at every opportunity, and also speaking as though he's a trustee of the Ruskin Museum. Then again, perhaps she doesn't know what he's up to. It's not a good look at all for Gina; The Campbell Family Trust, or the Ruskin Museum for that matter by allowing him to continue.
That was a seriously disgraceful episode but I thought that having been outed as Badgers 1, 2 & 3 and then as Norwood he'd had the common sense to keep his head down so as not to further damage Gina's reputation or otherwise cause her any further embarrassment. Has he reappeared?

Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:45 pm
She also seems quite happy allowing her current partner to run amok on the internet denigrating the BBP at every opportunity, and also speaking as though he's a trustee of the Ruskin Museum. Then again, perhaps she doesn't know what he's up to. It's not a good look at all for Gina; The Campbell Family Trust, or the Ruskin Museum for that matter by allowing him to continue.
That was a seriously disgraceful episode but I thought that having been outed as Badgers 1, 2 & 3 and then as Norwood he'd had the common sense to keep his head down so as not to further damage Gina's reputation or otherwise cause her any further embarrassment. Has he reappeared?
It appears he has on Twitter, and is now going by the name of "Woody".

He even posted on my personal page, calling me a "Dingo" and a "Slimy Frog". I really don't care about being called names, as I have been called worse by far better people. I certainly don't mind being called a dingo, as they're fascinating, and very intelligent animals. I did try to engage in conversation with him, as I had no idea who he was at first. He wouldn't have a bar of it, and continued trying to goad me into a fight, which didn't work. All his efforts caused was a slight bit of mirth at his expense. I actually felt rather embarrassed for him, such was the lack of dimension to his posts.

No doubt this was in retaliation for sharing a few screencaps here from Facebook. I will reiterate for the record that the screencaps which I shared here, were from a public page that I have subscribed to. I made sure the page masthead was visible, so there could be no argument as to their source. If he's too silly to not lock his profile down to prevent Bluebird related pages from sharing private material, then the onus is squarely on him.

It still doesn't warrant the petulant posts and juvenile name calling from him though - especially when you're speaking as though you're some kind of authority for the Ruskin Museum. I doubt very much that the trustees would be impressed if they saw what he's been posting. Also the fact that he's Gina's partner...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Oh wow! He took a bit of finding because he's tweeting away to himself in an empty room but there he was, right enough.

Everyone, meet Gina's boyfriend, Brian.

https://mobile.twitter.com/woody52347602/with_replies

StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

Just looked at his tweets. He is good entertainment, which is all you can really say. I did particularly like the tweet telling him to stick to selling cabbages...

Particularly enjoyed the following from him..

"Nice to see the honourable Campbells don’t resort to Gutter press like mr BSS. "

No they don't need to resort gutter press when they have a fool like him showing them up... The phrase 'keeping a dog and barking yourself' springs to mind. He really is an embarrassment to them. What would DMC say?
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

Isn't woody a slang term for erection? Oh wait... penis, knobhead... now I see how he thought of that!
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

To infinity and beyond !!!!!!! Wasn’t one of Woodys friends Mr Potato head :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I’m following him just for the entertainment value alone .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen: