Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Malcolm Ops

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Not sure I ever know more than the BBP crew, Bill. :lol: :lol:

I did use the phrase "If the whole process were straightforward ....."

I may be optimistic in thinking that the decision makers responsible for the Ruskin Museum could decide that it would be 'correct' to have direct contact in early January 2021 with the BBP. This would allow time for the craft to be on water later in the forthcoming year. There would be sufficient time for the whole village to complete planning (in parallel) for a Coniston Festival with K7, which would take place a year and a half later.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I may be optimistic in thinking that the decision makers responsible for the Ruskin Museum could decide that it would be 'correct' to have direct contact in early January 2021 with the BBP. This would allow time for the craft to be on water later in the forthcoming year. There would be sufficient time for the whole village to complete planning (in parallel) for a Coniston Festival with K7, which would take place a year and a half later.
Even with much optimism I doubt very much we could put together a crew training for next year - there just isn't time now. It's not so much the engineering side as having the right people available at the right time. We did pitch the idea way back when but to no avail.
And, don't forget, this is all subject to the decision makers getting around the table to agree terms for future running, maintenance, etc. They're going the long way around at the moment and without an assured outcome it wouldn't be fair to go to sponsors, etc.
Still, you never know, the phone could ring this afternoon...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

We will see how the new Byelaws for Coniston Water (CW) function when Records Week apply for dates in 2021.

Here are two quotations from the LDNPA website.

The first is from the consultation process, which of course has resulted in the 2020 (sic) CW Bye Laws:

"The changes proposed should future proof the byelaws to prevent further amendments being required in the future and will bring exemptions process to the speed limit on Coniston Water in line with the process for determining exemptions on Windermere."

the second is from the Windermere Byelaws:

"Ideally we would like people to apply for speed limit exemptions between 30 September and 1 April. We would like people to apply a year in advance to allow us to plan and manage the cumulative impact of the total number of events and activities over time. We aim to process formal applications within three months. This allows us to discuss your proposal with you, assess your application and consult with key stakeholders. Please allow sufficient time for us to process your application."
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England