Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Renegadenemo

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Renegadenemo »

For now all I see we can do is just crack on, should the museum reach out to any of us then happy days, if they don’t...nothing has changed nothing has been lost or gained and we all remain in the same stalemate.
Absolutely - except for one small detail. If we withdraw our offer there's not even a stalemate. We don't have to keep up our end of the bargain in that instance so we become free agents and if the museum want to speak to us they can and if they don't we'll just keep on doing our Bluebird Project thing as we have for the past 15 years. :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

Is there any possibility of seeing K7 on the water this year? Covid permitting of course.
StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

So let me get this right... The RM had a deal through the 2013 agreement albeit one they didn't want, which they denied having and now the BBP have taken that deal off the table. So they had their feet on the ladder/under the table and now they have clattered back down and have nothing? Their wreckage is buried so deeply into the structure of the boat if they request it back they will look petty.... absolute genius. I think possibly to raise revenue they should pen a book 'How to completely f**** up for Dummies', foreword by Donald Trump.
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Is there any possibility of seeing K7 on the water this year? Covid permitting of course.
No chance this year, one of the big difficulties is getting enough of the team together but there's still lots of work to do on the boat to get it finished.

The good news is that soon as we're allowed we're going to resume the build and soon as that's complete we'll need a few runs on water just to sign off on a few things so there's a good chance we'll be out next year. A nice reunion on Bute would be good - get everyone back together for a few days, take the boat along and put in a few runs to make sure the water is staying on the outside and that she and the team are fighting fit. Of course, the museum might try to spite you all but we'll deal with that if it occurs.

Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Why would the RM want to spite you actually running on Bute in 2022 .....It would cost them money in legal fees they don’t have and they would look even more stupid and petty than they already do .........but then again........fill in the blanks .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Why would the RM want to spite you actually running on Bute in 2022 .....It would cost them money in legal fees they don’t have and they would look even more stupid and petty than they already do
They wouldn't be spiting us - we've had a great time running K7 in 2018 and, though we'd enjoy doing it all again, it would be the thousands who didn't get to see her in action that time who would really be spited.
And they like to spite us - try to find any meaningful info about BBP or Bute on their website - not a chance. Their piece about DMC ends in 2008 with the new wing and anyone visiting won't discover that K7 is largely rebuilt whilst they have rather more to say about the highly dubious Mr. Ruskin.
Then there's the incredibly spiteful letter they wrote to one of the major stakeholders of the Bute campaign alleging breaches of safety, etc. A deliberate attempt to undermine us there and prevent future running. It backfired in a big way, though, with them being told in no uncertain terms that we gave a good account of ourselves and to get around a table and sort things out.

Maybe they'll try to upset the applecart again or maybe they'll have the good grace to let the public have its wish. Either way, we're ready for it.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:06 pm Maybe they'll try to upset the apple cart again or maybe they'll have the good grace to let the public have its wish. Either way, we're ready for it.
Well said. I hope - that the RM will - at some point - see sense. I hope... But if not, carry on BBP.....!
El Lole

Post by El Lole »

Hello Bill, looking at your post on 15th February I was wondering what you meant by ‘The highly dubious Mr Ruskin’? Could you please explain? Thank you.

El Lole
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Deleted.
Last edited by JfromJAGs on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richie

Post by Richie »

For the love of........SMITH YOU ARE KILLING ME HERE ! :roll:

I am sure the appropriate research was conducted by the museum back in the day, my readings suggest he was at best a kinky sort and I can’t fault anyone for that, not really seen anything that would indicate the devils art of “Noncery” but to be fair I have little time or interest as I am busy with other things presently.... tempt me far easier to the AP valves website Inspiration Expo with ADV, CO2 monitor and scrubber life sensors, now you’re talking !

Bill, as a voice of reason, can I pretty please with sugar on top ask you to pull the post down and burn it ? It serves nothing more than to build walls higher and dig trenches deeper :cry: if it did transpire that Ruskin was “Saville’esque” I am sure folk could look it up for themselves ? It just looks like point scoring if it comes from the BBP.

Anyway, dogs out of the vets room now and I am about to go and get fingered for a large Bill.

Peace !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."