Bute / Coniston Back to Back

JfromJAGs

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by JfromJAGs »

Filtertron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:49 pm That is the most important thing. To do so would require as little outside interference/influence as possible.
Agreed. I just had the impression as if the process had come to a standstill.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

JfromJAGs wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Filtertron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:49 pm That is the most important thing. To do so would require as little outside interference/influence as possible.
Agreed. I just had the impression as if the process had come to a standstill.
I don't know if it has - hopefully not though. I think Bill has said it best about drawing a line in the sand. The line seperates the past and the future. Stepping over the line means you leave the past where it is, and work towards a better future for everyone. Effort will be required from both parties for that to happen. I'd love to log on one day to read on the BBP's Twitter feed that a group of Ruskin Trustees are heading up to North Shields to have a look at K7 and talk to the team. I know the offer is there, it's simply a case of the offer being taken up. Once the ice is broken properly, both parties can start working on establishing a good working relationship with each other. I don't think it's beyond that, despite all that has happened.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'd love to log on one day to read on the BBP's Twitter feed that a group of Ruskin Trustees are heading up to North Shields to have a look at K7 and talk to the team
That would suit us too. And there's no good reason not to get on with it. At the end of the day there's only three options, the 2013 agreement, a new agreement or they ask for their parts back.

That's it so sooner started, sooner finished. Why are we wasting time?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Filtertron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm I'd love to log on one day to read on the BBP's Twitter feed that a group of Ruskin Trustees are heading up to North Shields to have a look at K7 and talk to the team.
If that would happen, it would make a lot of old fart‘s eyes wet...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Well now that they've seen the real Coat-Tails and been deeply embarrassed by their latest brand ambassador, Mr Eastham, hopefully the scales will fall from their eyes too and they'll realise that BBP is by far the safest partner and we can get something together. Here's hoping.

Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

JfromJAGs wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:26 am
Filtertron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm I'd love to log on one day to read on the BBP's Twitter feed that a group of Ruskin Trustees are heading up to North Shields to have a look at K7 and talk to the team.
I don't know about people tearing up and getting a lump in their throat over it; but it would certainly be a positive step in the right direction.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I don't know about people tearing up and getting a lump in their throat over it; but it would certainly be a positive step in the right direction.
Well, you never know, we may have made a very small step in the right direction today. We received a brief mail from the trustees, which amongst other things suggests that we...

'...commit in writing to a firm, enforceable arrangement.'

That to me seems more than fair, it's what we've wanted all along. We don't want the boat when they're displaying it, though we will have to go do our hydraulics thing but then we can let visitors peer into the hole to see what we're up to. And when we're out running they can bring their merch stand along and top up their coffers. We could do joint merch - Bluebird on Bute 2021 presented by BBP and RM. The possibilities are endless and we've no problem this end with a firm enforceable arrangement that protects everyone's interests - it's only fair.

No firm plans yet on getting back to the water but have had more comm's with Bute and we're definitely good to go.

JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

I keep my fingers crossed...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I keep my fingers crossed...
Jordan has kindly offered his services to host a video conference with the museum to ask exactly what they want and to set out exactly what we want. From there we can work out how to achieve the best compromise. On paper it ought not be too difficult as we don't want anything new and it's all been agreed before so it's a case of finding out where the stumbling blocks are and finding a way around them.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Open letter sent today.

Dear Sirs,

Further to your brief correspondence of 11th September stating your desire for a ‘firm, enforceable arrangement’ we confirm that we are more than happy to work towards just such an arrangement so long as it protects the interests of all concerned.

Of late, many, including members of the public, the project team, supporters and sponsors have become somewhat weary of what are viewed as unnecessary delays visited upon this endeavour so we feel the time to see matters dealt with expediently is long overdue.

To that end you will soon be contacted by Mr. Jordan Aspin to organise a video conference in order that we can both set out what we need to move forwards. Jordan is a Cumbrian local. Based in Barrow and a very capable and professional man and so an excellent candidate to host a video conference. Once you have had your meeting with Jordan we will be able to plan our next step.

We hope that this plan meets with your approval, look forward to hearing from you and remain.

Yours faithfully.

The Bluebird Project Team