Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Renegadenemo

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Renegadenemo »

Best of luck with the meeting chaps, on what I think, would have been the night of the annual K7 dinner during Records Week.
Never been to Records Week - I hate the few weeks after the daylight thieves move the clocks to ensure it's black dark at both ends of the day. Just why?
I'm currently working with professional screenplay writing types on a film about the BBP. I thought it was all a bit crackers to begin with but went along to see what it was all about but having had it demonstrated that it's not unlike Rush or Le Mans 66 and seeing how deadly serious they are I began to take it a bit more seriously myself and what a fascinating project. Of course it's rapidly filling with cinematic moments and hammed up drama but hey ho, it's a film and I keep hearing names I've heard somewhere before so it's all very exciting.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Jordangbr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 pm Evening all
I have some more positive news. The Trustees and myself have agreed a date of 5th November for an online Zoom meeting to find a mutual way forward. We have an agenda sorted and although it may be on the 5th I’m not expecting fireworks but I am expecting solutions and positivity from all quarters. As we say on the Project ‘There’s no such word as can’t’.

Best of luck Jordan !

https://youtu.be/kQ_ZgpxZDiI
Last edited by Richie on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
BFG

Post by BFG »

Jordangbr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 pm Evening all
I have some more positive news. The Trustees and myself have agreed a date of 5th November for an online Zoom meeting to find a mutual way forward. We have an agenda sorted and although it may be on the 5th I’m not expecting fireworks but I am expecting solutions and positivity from all quarters. As we say on the Project ‘There’s no such word as can’t’.
Bests of luck to you and Pete hope this can be resolved and get the boat back on the water for everyone to see what this piece of engineering history was built for

BFG
Mr Hannarack

Post by Mr Hannarack »

Great news that both the BBP and Ruskin are getting around the virtual table for some meaningful dialogue. Well done Jordan and Pete for getting this set up and all the best for a good meeting to both parties.

Here's to a big stride forwards.

Paul
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Best of luck Jordan with the meeting tomorrow 👍
Hopefully you and Premium Paraffin Pete can get this stupid situation moving forward again into a positive and respectful manner!! Baring any last minute surprises!
I’m sure you will keep us all informed asap as we eagerly await the outcome 👍👍 All the best buddies
Novie 🙏
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Richie

Post by Richie »

Just a quick message of thanks to all who took part in yesterday’s meeting (from all sides of the virtual table).
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Very good news, that at last some talks have taken place.... :)

Should we anticipate a summary of these discussions, soon - or are you, as the EU says, in submarine or tunnel mode..... :?:

IanM
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Should we anticipate a summary of these discussions, soon - or are you, as the EU says, in submarine or tunnel mode..... :?:
Unfortunately, due to technical glitches some points must be gone over again so we're expecting to put a new meeting date in the diary this week. Sorry to make you wait but one way or another we'll have some news for you next time.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Thanks for the quick reply, Bill.

Appreciated - no problem to wait a bit longer. Better to get things right & clear... ;)
Orchard

Post by Orchard »

Any updates on second meeting or next steps?