BBP Diary

DMCK7 Fan

Re: Diary update?

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

Renegadenemo wrote:They actually look so close to the originals only a real anorak would spot the difference...
Well, I can think of a few of us like that :D :shock: :oops:

LOL !
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Another, seldom considered, effect of running a low-speed sponson set is that the spray pattern will change considerably (or so we're reliably informed) so she'd not look right. Not having that!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
huszarail

Post by huszarail »

Are you going to reproduce / preserve the duck damage? or will you be looking for volunteers from Conistons Gull and Mallard population.
Seriously, have you been able to pick any attributable damage from any of the panels that were recovered?
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The front spar cover from the side the duck hit is still in the lake, we never found it, and the rear spar fairing got squashed way beyond anything the gull manged so, no, nothing to report there.

klingon

Post by klingon »

huszarail wrote:Are you going to reproduce / preserve the duck damage? or will you be looking for volunteers from Conistons Gull and Mallard population.
Seriously, have you been able to pick any attributable damage from any of the panels that were recovered?
Well Rolls Royce up in East Kilbride until recently still had the "Chicken Gun" they used to see what damage bird strikes did to Conways(yup they fired dead chickens into running jet engines!-great fun!-instant crispy chicken strips!)-one of the test engines is still in Glasgow Transport Museum with some weirdly bent turbine blades!-suppose they would lend us it if we asked!-novel way to recreate duckdents!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
lsrdatabase

BBP Update / Rebuild

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,

Superb update Bill, well worth waiting for, and a well done to all the riveter's, She's looking great!
Seeing that floor coming together, reminds me of all those rivet's that 'Dave' the 'RIVET'' drilled out all those months ago.

Regards to all, Fred
Last edited by Mike Bull on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread.
MarkH

Re: BBP Diary

Post by MarkH »

Hi! I'm a long-term viewer of the site (particularly the Diary) but only just signed up.
Anyway, your 'charming gentleman' who 'knew a thing or two about spaceframes' looks suspiciously like a former colleague of mine at Lucas Girling, Glynne Bowsher, who worked for Girling since the early 60's (Girling did the brakes for Bluebird CN7). Glynne designed the braking system for Thrust2 and was chief mechanical engineer on Thrust SSC. So yes he knows a thing or two. But is also very modest. ;)
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

That would indeed be Glynn - a proper gent. We first met when he came to look at K7's frame with a view to crash survivability for Quicksilver and we've chatted on and off ever since.

seanmiller

Post by seanmiller »

Missing the diary again... hope there's an update sometime soon, always enjoy them :-)

Sean
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Yeah Bill Put the tools down mate ! And stop running around after all those sponsors organizing materials and stuff. The Workshop will run itself.The Wife and two Children can take care of themselves mate as can the family business. Whats the matter with you man? Didn't you know there are 48hrs in a day :lol:

But Seriously people I am sure our infamous Leader will have a little something for you all shortly any day now ;) So please try and be patient as he is getting old which intern brings life's inherent problems i.e forgetfulness not to mention the odd bout of flatulence, gout,incontinence etc etc :) After all I am sure it will be well worth the wait and make for great reading as usual.

And if anybody wants any Christmas Presents or Christmas cards then go to the Bluebird Project shop. We have an excellent selection including a wonderful Christmas card thanks to Arthur Benjamins kindly letting the project use one of his fantastic images taken from one of his Excellent prints "The Christmas Day Run ". Drop a hint to the wife ,kids etc :) Remember every purchase helps with the rebuild of Bluebird K7 in Honour of a Great Man.

Regards to one and all.

Santa Claus
"I'll Be Back"
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"