Pic of the Day

Richie

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Richie »

Bravo Mike...... it is a work of art.... :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
twhite

Post by twhite »

Wow! Looks impressive! :D
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

should look even more impressive now without my ugly mug in the way!
It's a risk... your presence tends to draw the eye from the bits we got wrong. :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Loving today's pic of girl welding :D

Not so sure about the choice of footware though................(H&S be damned!)
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We call them her 'safety pumps'. Normally she has the cutest pair of tiny, steel-capped workboots you ever did see.

Girl

Post by Girl »

Renegadenemo wrote:
We call them her 'safety pumps'. Normally she has the cutest pair of tiny, steel-capped workboots you ever did see.

It was roasting hot working all week welding and having to keep with H&S so when i dressed for the Bluebird workshop on Saturday i dressed for comfort in the heat. Still nearly melted though :(
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

With reference to...The little sun visor over K7's speedo, Pic of the day.

When my boss says ...."get it done it has to be on the freight tonight for the next race" .

The words I reply with, on a daily basis are ...."Do you want it now, or do you want it right?"...... word for word.

Made me smile alot when I read that. :D :D :D :D

You are obviously a man/men of integrity and un-compromising of quality, and how things should not be about, cutting corners to hit a deadline.

I salute you Sirs. :mrgreen:
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Girl wrote:
Renegadenemo wrote:

It was roasting hot working all week welding and having to keep with H&S so when i dressed for the Bluebird workshop on Saturday i dressed for comfort in the heat. Still nearly melted though :(
I succumbed only once to dressing for comfort over safety, while welding a prototype stainless exhaust system in the middle of summer (something about stainless, I learnt, seems to intensify the effect) - I was melting in my nomex overalls, even with only a cut-off t-shirt underneath, so I rolled them down... :roll:
After having a whole arm turn the same colour as my vintage Welsh rugger top and it then peeling in a single sheet like a strip of wallpaper, I can safely say "Never again!" :lol:
I wish I had a photo - It looked truely horrendous but, surprisingly, didn't even sting or itch.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Stainless is an evil metal. It can be white hot in one spot and cold to the touch a inch away. Heat just won't move through it though it welds easily but there's no getting round the UV. You either cover up or get ray-burns and they're very unhealthy so we melt under long sleeved tops and gloves instead.
I know we bitch about H&S but it's the overdone, bureaucratic variety that winds us up. You'll still find plenty of gloves, ear defenders and glasses in our workshop and we use them where there's a genuine risk.

When I worked in the automotive industry I was often asked to write risk assessments and this is how it went every time.

Risk - this activity may prove dangerous for unforeseen reasons.
Remedy - apply common sense.

It caused riots but not even the lawyers couldn't debunk its logic. :D

Richie

Post by Richie »

Argh fiddlesticks and there was me going to bring a foil sheet, some sun tan oil and me K7 flip flops to the workshop.... guess it will have to be the stand and tan then. :roll:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."