New Members

Monoxa

Re: New Members

Post by Monoxa »

Hii, nice to be here :)
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Seems I haven't posted here yet, as I find it awkward posting about myself.

I became captivated with K7 when a friend shared a report on her return to the water on Loch Fad. I did know what K7 was previous to this, and had seen the footage of Donald Campbell coming to grief when I was about six (I'm thirty eight now). For some reason, I've always remembered it. A couple of years ago, my immediate family did a tour of the U.K (Griswalds style) as a present to the old man for his seventieth birthday. He came from Hastings on the South Coast, immigrating to Australia in 1972. We visited Coniston Water to ride on the Gondola, mainly as I'm a bit of a steam nut and like boats (mainly the type driven by paddle wheels). I did see the Bluebird Cafe, but didn't make the connection. It was a day later that the penny dropped, when I picked up a book in the Hawkshead Post Office about Donald Campbell and K7 while waiting for a car rental company to get it's act together and replace the car which broke down with a new one. I wish I had have bought the book now...I reckon the BBP have done a terrific job in bringing K7 back to life, and look forward to hopefully see her run on Lake Dumbleyung one fine day, where Donald Campbell achieved his greatest triumph.

Other interests are railways; paddle steamers and guitars (hence my use nickname).

Regards,

Lachlan.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

the Ruskin Museum will receive the parts of K7 that they own...delivered in a skip.
Maybe you can help Ads and me build his guitar then. He wants to make a bass and I've always fancied a stab at a guitar but apart from that our experience amounts to zero. that said, our jet hydroplane experience was bot-all too when we decided to take a look at that so doubtless we'll get there.

Good to have you along either way.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 am
the Ruskin Museum will receive the parts of K7 that they own...delivered in a skip.
Maybe you can help Ads and me build his guitar then. He wants to make a bass and I've always fancied a stab at a guitar but apart from that our experience amounts to zero. that said, our jet hydroplane experience was bot-all too when we decided to take a look at that so doubtless we'll get there.

Good to have you along either way.
That above quote about the skip (not mine) fills me with dread for K7's future, Bill...

As for guitar making...Never tried it myself. Presuming you don't play; a lot goes into making the neck and scale length (the distance from the bridge to the nut), as you have to be able to intonate it once it's finished (so it plays in tune). I am sure with your engineering skills that you'll figure it out fairly quickly. Leo Fender couldn't play a note on the guitar, but he nutted out how to make one fairly quickly - and for mass-production. Sorry I can't be of more help to you on that!
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
r10crw

Post by r10crw »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could put me in touch with Steve user name F1SteveUK? Im trying to make contact but not allowed to PM yet and not sure how many posts required?

My interest lies with the book he is working on with Crusader, nothing sinister :)

C
r10crw

F1SteveUK

Post by r10crw »

Hi folks,

Just in case not all read the new members section. Im trying to get in touch with Steve as per above. Any chance someone who has his contact details could send me a PM?

Thanks
Craig/
Malcolm Ops

Re: F1SteveUK

Post by Malcolm Ops »

He is active on facebook under his own name (Steve Holter), so you will reach him on social media.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
r10crw

Re: F1SteveUK

Post by r10crw »

Thanks for that Malcom sent a message

Quite a cool forum, I have interests in Crusader which I can hopefully share here in the next few months,

C
Bronodor

Post by Bronodor »

Hi all, I'm Steven from Toronto.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Steven, welcome...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.