Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Engine 711

Re: Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Post by Engine 711 »

sheppane wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:13 pm
There are a few on eBay at the moment. Search Nordicpics and and imsvintage-lv. All ex newspaper images. Happy hunting.
Thanks. Will have a look...!!
IanM
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Neil,

Thanks for you help. Tried those suggested Searches , but am getting zero, right now, from 'Nordicpic's or 'imsvintage-lv', on eBay UK.
Just ran searches on both. (Nordicpics appears to be a Wedding photographer....?)

Did you see pictures recently, from these two - or was it some time back....?

More general question, for anyone who knows.....
I have also seen people mention getting copies of Paul Allonby's pictures, on the Forum. Any idea if these are still available...?
If so, where from...

Thanks & BRegs,
IanM
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

More general question, for anyone who knows.....
I have also seen people mention getting copies of Paul Allonby's pictures, on the Forum. Any idea if these are still available...?
If so, where from...
Paul used to make his pics available for a fair price. We used his 67 cockpit shot extensively as a reference. It was taken on a big fancy camera on big film so it blows up to the size of a tennis court.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Thanks for that, Bill.

Are there any up to date contact details, for Paul's pictures.....?

Yes, pictures taken in film, particularly on formats above 35mm, have incredible restitution. Think most of Pauls pictues were taken on 6 by 6cm square format.

IanM
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I have a number for him in my office. Will give him a call tomorrow.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:57 pm I have a number for him in my office. Will give him a call tomorrow.
Thanks brilliant...!! Thankyou... :)
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

To complete this, I have now spoken with Paul Allonby, thanks to Bill.

I will be sorting out getting myself copies of some of Paul's excellent pictures of K7 in the week... :)

IanM
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

To complete this, I have now spoken with Paul Allonby, thanks to Bill.
Glad you got that sorted. I had a good natter with Paul too. He sounded very fit and well. Let us know which pics you get, eh.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

This is a 'provisional' list - subject to me talking with Paul.

The pictures are either Web Grabs or very quick Phone Photos, from books. All are Paul's images, but not necessarily how they will final emerge. I will leave the composition to Paul. And of course these do not reflect the quality of the real photos....

Enjoy...

(The Book sources are 'With Campbell At Coniston' and 'The Bluebird Years'.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
polo

Post by polo »

Geoff Halliwell was a near neighbour of mine and I used to visit him regularly and transport him round the country. I acted as 'go between' in getting copies of his original photos for people. From memory I got 50 copies of 10 or so photos which I sold at speed record club meetings over the years[all money going directly to Geoff] and supplied them to 'book authors' with the simple request that Geoff was given the photo credit. Geoff was very frail at this time and was unable to make Neils book signing in Coniston.
Now to really upset everyone, ALL Geoffs' photos from the very start were 'loaned'to Don Wales, who was to 'clean up'' and catalogue them. Again from memory this was arranged at the Varndells Brooklands book launch . Again I transported Geoff to this book launch. I was aware the negatives were in Don's possession when Geoff Died but do not know if the photos were returned to Geoff's daughters[who I do not know and cannot remember meeting them] but I was aware that there was dialogue regarding the return.
I believe I have a copy of all the photos I had copied and I still have the written permission slip from Geoff to copy and distribute them. Unfortunately I beileve the ones I have have personal inscriptions from Geoff to me[but I may have others] I am in the process of getting shut of all my book and photo collections, so I might be getting everything out of the loft shortly. So if you want me to look for anything before they go please get in touch. Geoff also gave me some early prints including where DC nearly hit Geoff with K4. Not very good but still 'nice'. Also got a very brief 'movie clip' of DC racing K4 at the Oltranza cup. Photo is me, Don and Geoff Halliwell at Brooklands,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.