Bute / Coniston Back to Back

JfromJAGs

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by JfromJAGs »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 pm
Have a look on the Bluebird Supporters fb page under the recent Bute photo post. Some interesting comments on their from “insiders?”
I don't do FB, never have, so perhaps someone can report anything noteworthy. Thanks for the heads up.
Please. Thanks.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I don't do FB, never have, so perhaps someone can report anything noteworthy. Thanks for the heads up.
I received a thorough synopsis this morning, thanks to those who took the time to do that - some interesting discussion and mostly with a mostly accurate grasp of what's what and very positive too so that can only be a good thing. Still the occasional refusal to move on and look forward towards solutions rather than backwards to wear on with the same old arguments but that seems to just be some people's way, but once you disregards that the very definite consensus is that K7 should be run and BBP should make sure she's maintained in A1 working order. Onwards and upwards...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:41 pm I don't do FB, never have, so perhaps someone can report anything noteworthy. Thanks for the heads up.
Because anything that is said is copied from these pages and used on facebook, I would summarise the last 20 hours or so as being a repeat of all of the usual thoughts on: wreckage recovery; ownership; what Donald wanted; who said what and to whom; who the parties involved are.

The only up-to-date part is the North Shields 'Bluebird Wing' comment made on the BBP page.

Taking all of these separate parts out of context helps keep a conversation going. Not the correct conversation perhaps, but 'a conversation'.

Sadly none of the contributors has an answer, or perhaps the direct contact necessary, to get a "silent" party to talk.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

I'm not sure I quite understand. I'm not a business person or would ever claim to be but the way the economy is looking it would seem the tourism and the hospitality industries are on the bones of their arse. It is like watching a really bad episode of The Apprentice. One team has it all sorted, they had the right products, merchandise, pricing, etc. Then there is the other team where you find yourself screaming at the TV "What are you doing? Can you not see what is going to happen?" Meanwhile Karen or Claude are in the background rolling their eyes creating their own microclimate! Occasionally the idiots do win a round but by the end of the series common sense has prevailed.

I imagine the Lake District has been badly effected by Covid-19. Yet Coniston do not want the biggest cash cow of all - Bluebird... Never mind I am sure the good people of Tynemouth and North Shield Fish Quay will quite happily make the most of it just like the good people of Bute. How long before the museum trustees realise it isn't just raining, it is f****ing p***ing down!
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

A couple of points having taken the time for another look at the Facebollocking synopsis. One is that what's new and interesting is that the same spoonful of bitter souls have nothing new and interesting to report whereas BBP constantly seeks to evolve and take things forward. The armchair moaners really ought to devote their considerable energy to actually doing some good but that's just an observation.

But one thing of note is talk of us dismantling K7. There was a time when we considered a clean break, strip out the wreckage and send it back and build ourselves a boat without any attendant shenanigans. It would have been fun and solved many problems but there'd be a pile of de-riveted bits in one place and a somewhat diluted K7 in another - not ideal. So, the good news is that now we know where we stand we're going to crack on and get K7 finished and looking 100%. Of course, the museum could make the executive decision that they would rather have said pile of bits rather than work with us towards an exciting future for the big tin machine and in that instance, and only at their insistence, K7 would end up broken up- after we had a judge put them to proof that they actually own anything at all that is, but we can park that there for now.

We're now in a good place, ready for the next chapter in the story, confident and fired up to get back on the tools and happy that we've done all we can with regard to generating interest with the museum in future collaboration - to no avail. So we'll take excellent care of K7 as we always have until such times and welcome one and all to her workshop soon as that's OK.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Good to read the positive stance above. I am glad that work will recommence on K7, to address the remaining issues.

However.... I hope that the door will not be closed, on the RM - and that at some point, a dialogue may happen, which resolves the issues between the RM & the BBP, such that K7 can at least visit Coniston, at some point in the future.

Never say never.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

However.... I hope that the door will not be closed, on the RM - and that at some point, a dialogue may happen, which resolves the issues between the RM & the BBP, such that K7 can at least visit Coniston, at some point in the future.

Never say never.
The door is very much open. It's not open to, weigh over 20 years of your lives and go home empty handed, but if the phone rings tomorrow to say, hey guys we'd like to display the boat some of the time, how do we get started? we'd be quite happy to work out a plan with them. We're perfectly accepting of the fact that they're not interested in a running boat so we'll look after that but no reason why display should be off the menu.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:56 pm The door is very much open. It's not open to, weigh over 20 years of your lives and go home empty handed, but if the phone rings tomorrow to say, hey guys we'd like to display the boat some of the time, how do we get started? we'd be quite happy to work out a plan with them. We're perfectly accepting of the fact that they're not interested in a running boat so we'll look after that but no reason why display should be off the menu.
That... is a good answer - and the correct one, IMO.

Meanwhile, over at the Ruskin Museum - Donald Campbells 100th Birthday Celebrations- https://ruskinmuseum.com/donald-campbel ... ebrations/
nickfire

Post by nickfire »

Ruskin doing a Q&A with Gina.... got to be something we’re all dying to ask her. ;)